Buyer dispute - EMPTY BOX

Instantgazer
Contributor
Contributor

hi, 

i sold an iphone via ebay on the 1st of the month, when it sold i recieved the payment straight away but it was pending. when i posted the package i thought the address seemed bizarre and then realised i had sold to someone in italy via the global shipping program. i sent it via the recommended postage and kept the proof of postage reciept. 

today i recieved an email saying the buyer had claimed there was an empty box. i spoke to paypal earlier and they have said not to worry and its likely i wont get penalised as the product had been recieved and gone via the shipping centre.

i have sent in a copy of the proof of postage and indicated that the weight was too much for an empty box. either the buyer has the phone and is saying its empty or someone at the shipping centre has taken the phone. has anyone had anything like this happen?? im very worried and have to just wait to here if ive lost the phone and the money.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Instantgazer,

Thanks for posting in the forum and apologies for the late reply.  Sorry to hear that this is happening.  I understand your concern but rest assured that the relevant team will review all the information provided by you before making a decision. They will also ask for information from the buyer but the weight shown in the proof of postage would taken into consideration as well. 

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

CCBOCALBOS
Contributor
Contributor
Pls update what happened.
A buyer filed a dispute on me, saying she just received an empty package and I sent paypal a copy of the shipping info including the weight as indicated on the receipt. I am too worried now..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.