JakeW
JakeW Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solution

'Awaiting other party's response'

Hi there,

I have just been scammed out of £80, the seller now says he won't post the item. His email address does not work, and a dispute wasn't possible so it took me straight to making a claim. He won't answer calls or texts, but will only text me at 2/3AM (UK time), so he may be from another country.

This is very frustrating because I have filed a claim and now it says 'Awaiting other party's response', which I have seen can take a long time. He will not respond so how long will this take to sort out? I need my money back asap because I have sold my mobile phone I currently use, so I am now without one. (the transaction was for a phone)

Please get back to me asap, Thanks

Jake

0 Kudos
Navarro
Navarro Contributor
Contributor

Re: 'Awaiting other party's response'

Apparently, it can take up to 30 days.

"We try to resolve cases within 30 days, but complex cases may take longer to investigate, deliver a final decision, release any funds and close the case."

I have a similar issue with a dubious seller. Good luck.

You can get very basic phones for almost nothing nowadays. This might keep you going until you have received your refund.

0 Kudos
kernowlass
kernowlass Volunteer Advisor
Volunteer Advisor
Kudos: 1052

In item not received disputes then normally paypal give the seller 10 days to respond with a tracking number that shows delivery of item to you or you get a refund on day 11.

0 Kudos
JakeW
JakeW Member

Yeah, cheers.

The money should be refunded on the 11th day, but after ringing they said there's a possibility of it coming through sooner. 

Thanks, problem solved! :smileyhappy:

Jake

0 Kudos