'Awaiting other party's response'

JakeW
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I have just been scammed out of £80, the seller now says he won't post the item. His email address does not work, and a dispute wasn't possible so it took me straight to making a claim. He won't answer calls or texts, but will only text me at 2/3AM (UK time), so he may be from another country.

This is very frustrating because I have filed a claim and now it says 'Awaiting other party's response', which I have seen can take a long time. He will not respond so how long will this take to sort out? I need my money back asap because I have sold my mobile phone I currently use, so I am now without one. (the transaction was for a phone)

Please get back to me asap, Thanks

Jake

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In item not received disputes then normally paypal give the seller 10 days to respond with a tracking number that shows delivery of item to you or you get a refund on day 11.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Navarro
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, it can take up to 30 days.

"We try to resolve cases within 30 days, but complex cases may take longer to investigate, deliver a final decision, release any funds and close the case."

I have a similar issue with a dubious seller. Good luck.

You can get very basic phones for almost nothing nowadays. This might keep you going until you have received your refund.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In item not received disputes then normally paypal give the seller 10 days to respond with a tracking number that shows delivery of item to you or you get a refund on day 11.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JakeW
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, cheers.

The money should be refunded on the 11th day, but after ringing they said there's a possibility of it coming through sooner. 

Thanks, problem solved! 🙂

Jake

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.