Another No Refund

wrigglybits
Contributor
Contributor
I only started reusing eBay this last October 2014. I needed to get a phone so I thought maybe I could get a better deal. I have found out the better deal is selling manky phones. I ended up winning two phones because I had placed two bids on two phones thinking, for some idiot reason, that I would only have to pay for the one I won first. Not too bright. Both phones together were only £114 so I paid for them. I kept one and another as a present. I received the phones December 22, 2014. We both set up and started using our phones around January 3rd-4th, 2015. Both phones stopped working about the time about 36 days after we set them up. I looked up to see what I had to and even called and spoke to a real human. I did as I was told and contacted the seller, twice and waited a time period with no answer. I then called eBay/PayPal(??) explained everything and waited while she checked. Well guess what????? I was told the 30 days had expired and there was nothing I could do now!!!! Now, I would not complain but when I first contacted the human I did what I was told. The second time I spoke to a human he told me I just missed it (refund) and he could see by the emails I did things correctly!!! So how does anyone get a refund??? It would have been more fun throwing £114 in the toilet and betting on how many flushes before it went down! What did I do wrong??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you had filed a dispute on paypal instead of ebay you would have had up to 180 days to open a dispute.

Have you tried opening one on paypal? Click on "resolve a problem" lower left of your paypal summary page.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you had filed a dispute on paypal instead of ebay you would have had up to 180 days to open a dispute.

Have you tried opening one on paypal? Click on "resolve a problem" lower left of your paypal summary page.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wrigglybits
Contributor
Contributor
Hello and thank you for answering. I had contacted PayPal on the phone and they told me I was past the time limit. Had I known it was 180 days I would have fought more. I imagine it is surely too late now but I learned something new. 🙌🙌 How can I give you kudos?
Login to Me Too

wrigglybits
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Another thought, if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback for you !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.