Am i protected?

StavrosAm
Contributor
Contributor

So recently i was looking to buy an iphone 6s from ebay.I found one and asked the seller about a buy it now price.We agreed for the price and then he told me to send the money through paypal to avoid the ebay fees.i said okay and send him the money through the ''pay for goods'' option.Eventually,the package came today,and all i received was a very old samsung phone.He totally scammed me.Can i get my money back?How will i prove to paypal that i was buying an iphone 6s?All i have is just messages from ebay.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StavrosAm

You did not buy it via Ebay so paypal will not accept any description from that Ebay auction or messages.

When you paid you should have put on the payment ALL THE INFORMATION about the item that you were buying .

If you file a SNAD dispute then you may lose as you have no proof of the item you were buying and so can't prove it was misdescribed.

All you can do is open a dispute and keep your fingers crossed that paypal find in your favour.

If they don't then if you funded your paypal payment with a card contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

StavrosAm
Contributor
Contributor

Fortunately,i have proof that the package is 00.112kg and if you look at the weight of an iphone 6s itself is 00.143 kg,seller insists he posted the phone so it is impossible.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StavrosAm

Sorry but doubt thats enough evidence but add everything you can and good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

StavrosAm
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal replied to me and told me that the seller agreed to issue you a full refund once the merchandise is returned,and that i have to ship tracked and once the merchandise is delivered i will get the refund.I remind you that i ordered an iphone 6s and seller sent me an old samsung that costs no more than 10 euros.My question is this:what if i send the merchandise back and then the seller say that i did not send the iphone 6s and i sent something else? because the seller insisted in the dispute that he sent an iphone 6s.My only evidence is a video i have the time i open the package and that the package weight is less than the iphone 6s's weight
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.