Affidavit

Footiegirl
New Community Member
I currently have a dispute open for not receiving my whole order from a seller. During a call to PayPal today (one of many), I was told that I would need to sign an affidavit before they would close the case and issue me with a refund, as apparently this is standard practice. However, speaking to others in the same situation with the same seller, I am the only one who has had to do this.... So standard practice when the mood takes them?! Has anyone else had this or can give an explanation? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Lexuslil
Contributor
Contributor

It is Paypal doing exactly what suits them.

Lil

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Footiegirl,

Welcome to the Community Forum! I can understand your concerns regarding this, however I can confirm that requesting an affadavit if there are missing items in an order you receive is standard procedure for any claim we review.

We can't comment on the specifics of another customer's claim compared with yours, due to data protection considerations, but we would expect that in the review process, this document would be requested from any other customer having a similar issue to yours. If you do have any other questions regarding your case, please let me know 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

jtaudio
New Community Member

We have reveived such an email and is all scrambled text and no affidavid, how do we get it resent as clearly corrupted

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.