2nd attempt by same person

spamvicious
Contributor
Contributor

I sent something to a buyer in February, 20 days later he tried to claim the money back off me. Eventually the case was resolved in my favour despite it taking a week to get my account back in to a positive balance. Now he has tried once again to claim off me, this time using a "charge back" claim. Now my account is negative again. How do I stop this man from continuing to make claims and affecting my account when his original claim was denied and I haven't had any business with him since.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes as he could file x1 paypal dispute and then x1 with his credit card company.

BUT i have to warn you that often c.c. companies find in favour of their clients, hope you are ok though.

Double check if you have seller protection so you don't lose out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

A buyer can only file x1 dispute via paypal for item not received or item received but not as described.

HOWEVER if he funded his paypal payment with a credit card then there is nothing to stop him going directly to his credit card company and filing a chargeback. In this scenario paypal have no say in the decision, if the card company find in favour of their client then you may lose this one, all you can do is wait and see.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

spamvicious
Contributor
Contributor

If this claim is found to be in my favour again, will that stop him from making more claims?. He got the item on February 4th. His first claim was unauthorised payment which went against him and now this one. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes as he could file x1 paypal dispute and then x1 with his credit card company.

BUT i have to warn you that often c.c. companies find in favour of their clients, hope you are ok though.

Double check if you have seller protection so you don't lose out.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

spamvicious
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information guys. The amount is only £5.00 which isn't the end of the world if he does win, though he would be getting his item for free etc. It's more the inconvinience of my balance being in the negative while he claims. As long as this is the end of it either way.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yep it will be.

Do you want info on how to clear your neg balance quickly?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

spamvicious
Contributor
Contributor

No I'm ok thanks. Will wait for the outcome of this claim and go from there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.