will i be protected?

jayinh
Contributor
Contributor

i want to purchase a light fixture used on a hobby forum for 400.00 shipped. the seller will take paypal and i have had many much smaller transactions like this. if i paypal him and he does not send the item at all what will paypal do to get my money back to me? i had the same thing happen a couple years back for $40.00 and paypal did nothing to get me my money back. i just want to make sure i dont get burned for $ 400.00.  thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ErickTheRed
Contributor
Contributor

In order for you to qualify for the PayPal Buyer protection, make sure you fulfill the requirements listed below, and remember, if the item doesn't arrive or its completely different from what was advertised file a dispute and fight your money, from personal experience and that of my friends I can say that Papal is good at handling disputes and if you did everything correctly rest assured they will help you,

To qualify:

• Use PayPal to complete your payment.
  • Pay for the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments aren't eligible.
  • Let the seller know there's a problem with the transaction by opening a dispute in the Resolution Center within 45 days of making your payment. Then, escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date you opened the dispute.
  • Keep your PayPal account in good standing.

CheersSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you wanted to ensure everything goes smoothly you could fund the payment with a credit card.  If something goes wrong and you file a PP claim which does not go in your favor you would have the credit card chargeback option left available.  I would not see any reason PP wouldn't refund you if something did go wrong though so make sure you give them the chance to first help in any situation before going to your CC company.

Hope this helps

BK

Login to Me Too

jayinh
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, i dont have a CC, i use the PP connected to my bank account. i had a case a couple years ago where i paid for an item, the seller burnt like 4-5 people on the same item and i did file a dispute with PP and they could not refund me any money....some lame excuse i cant remember. i just want to do everything i can prior to sending funds in the event i get burnt.  thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.