unfair dispute conclussion

fishL8ty
New Community Member

i do not ship out of the country. i sent an item to a buyers listed address (on ebay) at a UPS store in washington state.

i insured for full value of item and received notification of signature upon delivery.  they then apparently forwarded package to buyer out of the country.  buyer sent photo of box with canada label, customs pack, COD pack, delivery instructions to deliver to side of house, and 2 big stamps that it was INSPECTED BY CUSTOMS. NONE of these labels were mine.item was received damaged in canada.

i now have to give refund to buyer. why am i held accountable for what happened to package after it was delivered to original address. i fulfilled my obligation when i shipped, insured, to address supplied by buyer and received notification of delivery.

where does it say on ebay or paypal that i must be responsible for item forever and wherever it is sent????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I would go ahead and file an insurance claim on the item, i'm glad you purchased insurance.  I also hope you over-insured the item so you get back max retail value and a new item.  The situation you are in stinks but at least insurance should cover it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.