unfair chargeback to seller

cheapgoods
Contributor
Contributor

I'm becoming more and more upset with how Pay Pal handles things.

The most recent was a chargeback I had on a item I sold. The item was shipped to the address that was on their Pay Pal account and I had proof of delivery. Pay Pal sided with the customer claiming: "We did not receive verifiable proof of shipment"

So unprofessional of Pay Pal. Now I am out $450 and the product. I have no idea where the item is now. I supplied Pay Pal with the USPS Priority tracking number and it was delivered. As Pay Pal users, we put trust in them to make everything secure and fair. This is very unfair to us as loyal users.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

Vendelavee
Contributor
Contributor

3. The relationship between you and ebay, between you and Paypal and between you and any other selling site is a CONTRACT. They're not your 'pals', they're not your mommie. They are SUPPLIERS of services and you are their customer. If you do it wrong, you become a customer worth losing - Paypal adds 1 million customers a month right now and they don't need troublemakers. You have ZERO power.

THAT'S GOOD YOU PAYPAL PIMP!  You just regergitate their Corporate Speak.

"Paypal adds 1 million customers a month right now and they don't need troublemakers. You have ZERO power"

I LOVE THIS!  Finally they reveal themselves for the EVIL they are!  Anybody that stands up to the PAYPAL REGIME is a troublemaker, not a Customer To Be Served!

And isn't it nice this Multimillion Dollar Corporate reminds us "it's customers" that in REALITY "You have zero power!

They're finally confessing that they are the arrogant, do what we want, greedy, selfserving, we can kick your B-U-T-T anytime we want Corporation they really are.

All their "we care" propaganda is just that:  propaganda to further their money making objective.

ATTENTION: You are viewed as a NUISANCE if you complain.  Your complaints and disputes will be resolved (DISPOSED OF) quicky WITHOUT notifying you TO SAVE THEM MONEY,  not to correct a wrongdoing.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

As I said earlier, I don't discuss issues with name-calling children.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

I am going to lock this thread. It has gotten very off topic with interpersonal disputes. Please refer to the Forum Decorum thread for posting expectations.

Please keep in mind the following:

• PayPal employees are identified by the "PP" logo next to their names
  • Most members responding are simply that, fellow PayPal members volunteering their time to respond to questions
  • There is a difference between a chargeback and claim but in both cases PayPal will cover you if have met the requirements of the Seller Protection Policy
  • If a chargeback is based on the item attributes, the credit card company may not require that the item be returned
  • If you are not covered by the PayPal Seller Protection Policy it may be necessary to purse other legal methods of recovery

If you feel that PayPal has not acted in accordance with the User Agreement, please let me know and I will be happy to review the case for you.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.