subscription refund for useless site denied

Evi
New Community Member

So i bought a subscription to this website mmorpguides.com which claimed to have the most up to date and active community.  So looking to get an edge on WAR i subscribed for a month.  I went to the site and IMMEDIATELY i regretted my decision when i saw that NOTHING was posted in 2010 except for people being confused and annoyed that everything was out of date.   most posts were done in 2008.  That is 2 years of inactivity so what I actually signed up for was a subscription to outdated information.  How does that help anyone?! anyway i sent the mods a reply and didn't get ANYTHING back from them so I canceled my subscription immediateley after buying it pretty much and waited 3 days for mods to get back to me.   nothing....  So then i go to paypal and am like this should be an easy decision for them lol.  So after i put in a report and wrote them in it they immediately escalated it then paypal immediately denied my request like wtf?!  I'm unable to get a hold of any human to talk to because it's an easy fix.  Using common sense most people can see that an outdated information website is of ZERO value to anyone.  What's the point? anyway it's hella annoying and i would like to warn anyone unless you thoroughly check a website to not pay for a subscription with paypal because they don't support what they say.  Buyer protection is not part of their business plan it's just there to look good.  Anyway I'll be forever **bleep** that  I lost a couple of bucks on a website that doesn't do anything and paypal for supporting them without looking at evidence and just hiding behind an obviously flawed "policy"

~Evi

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately, unless the item is bought on ebay, you have no proptection for "not as described" goods.

You'll want to cancel the possible recurring fees that you signed up for, too;

Login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and then select the "Recurring Payments" and the "Preapproved Payments" links.

If there is a recurring payment for this site, remove it and update the page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.