remove complaint from vendor file

nowah
Contributor
Contributor

since making complaint against vendor, have since resolved the problem.  to be fair to the vendor i would like to remove the complaint from the vendor's pay pal file.

how can i remove the complaint>

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Not so fast there, grasshopper.

When you say you've resolved the issue, has it actually been fixed or has the seller only promised to fix it?

Some sellers will promise anything to get you to close a dispute, then not fulfill their promise after.  Once closed, the dispute cannot be reopened.

Login to Me Too

nowah
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the input.

dispute already closed by pay pal.

i have agreement with vendor based on removing complaint from vendor pay pal file.

is there away to do this?

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No, there is no way to do this.  Many customers, who are simply impatient toddlers, make it a point to open a dispute anytime they feel like it without thinking about the business who could find their PP account limited or permanently banned from a customer inflating bogus claims and accusations.  Yes, there are bad sellers who use PayPal but not nearly as many of them to equal the bad, impatient, and immature buyers who use PP.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

i have agreement with vendor based on removing complaint from vendor pay pal file.

No, don't do it.

Let Paypal resolve the complaint - the seller will walk away once you do what he asks.  It's a common scam.

Login to Me Too

nowah
Contributor
Contributor

paypal has closed the case and said there is nothing they can/will do.  left on my own i made a deal with the vendor.  

how do i remove the complaint and tell paypal i am satisfied?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Just because paypal closed it does not mean that you are out of options.

If you used a credit card to pay for the item, file a chargeback by calling the customer service number on the back of the card.

The seller may be legit, but we've seen too many cases where this is just a dodge.

Besides, I doubt that you can remove the case - it'll stay on file.

Login to Me Too

mamieamy71
Contributor
Contributor

Re:ID#98V922599RT314342N

I disputed a purchase in the amount of $27.70 from EFORCITY through eBay because a discount coupon of $6.93 or 25%  was not deducted from my Pay Pal billing statement, instead the coupon was reflected as a debit, leaving a debit balace.  PayPal later corrected their invoice, and eBay's invoice reported the correct amount due this vendor of $20.77.  However, the vendor emailed me and said that he was due the $27.70 because I had not pressed a certain "button".  I replied to him that I had called eBay BEFORE completing the payment for their help in where to enter the coupon name "CEFORCITY", which I did with eBay on the phone.  I also advised the vender that I had copied receipts from PayPal and eBay for the correct amout due of $20.77.  His email indicated that he had received payment (perhaps it was a notice of payment) of $27.70.  I asked that he return my $6.83, and I heard no more from him.  I tried to contact eBay, which is not easy, as their site is much like yours with an automated person who cannot help, except with specific issues.  

I finally called my credit card company, and an amount of $20.77 was charged on Friday, 9/17/2010.  Based on this, I believe that there is no need for the account dispute that I filed, just please be sure that Pay Pal did not duplicate payments of $20.77 and $27.70 before you close this file.  The total amount due EFORCITY IS $20.77.   

Thank you.

Mary Ann Summerlin

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You had better phone Paypal immediately about this and get it straightened out.  Their number comes up when you click on 'contact us'.

What you have done is called "double-dipping" and it can get you banned from Paypal permanently.

Login to Me Too

mamieamy71
Contributor
Contributor

Your reply to me about "double dipping" is out of place. I AM THE CUSTOMER, who was trying to verify that PAYPAL did not pay a vendor two times.  You even threatened me, YOUR CUSTOMER, with being banded from the PayPal community, when it was I who called the credit card company to confirm the amount of YOUR payment to the SELLER on  eBay.  I simply asked PayPal to be sure that THEY did not pay both amounts. ($27.70 and  $20.70)/

Please do not threaten me for helping you do your job.  I printed both invoices that PayPal prepared.  The first one was wrong.  The second right.  I MADE NO MISTAKE, NOR HAVE I DID AS YOU ACCUSED ME OF DOING, IF THAT RESPONSE WAS ADDRESSED TO ME.  i AM AN HONEST PERSON, AND HAVE PERFORMED HONESTLY WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION FOR YEARS.

MARY ANN

CUSTOMER

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.