refunding a credit card purchase

jetcitywoman
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't have a Paypal account, but tried to purchase something last night by giving paypal my credit card info.  I immediately had a problem with the seller.  (They had a note in the purchase confirmation saying to call the store, so I did.  Nobody at the store had any clue that you could pay via paypal and they insisted that I pay in the store.  Even after I told them I'd already paid, they were utterly clueless.)  So, following instructions, I had to create a Paypal account just to file a dispute.  Paypal resolved the dispute within hours and the seller put the money back into my Paypal account.  The transaction is confirmed on my credit card, no longer pending.  I want to put the money back into my credit card and close my paypal account, but the only links I see here are to send myself a check for the amount, or send it to a bank account.  Did I miss a step somewhere?

Oh, and I got the benefit of paying Paypal $2 for this fiasco.  I'm not that happy.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This was a non ebay purchase, so paypal refunded back to a newly created paypal account.

What the OP should have done is contact his credit card company and filed a chargeback.

OP just have them send you a check, if you don't want to add a bank account

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

jetcitywoman
Contributor
Contributor

No advice?  So is my only option to have Paypal send me a check to refund my money?

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Was this an eBay dispute or PP dispute?  I have only seend this done when eBay disputes are ruled in the buyers favor. 

Login to Me Too

jetcitywoman
Contributor
Contributor

It was just a paypal purchase gone horribly wrong, not associated with ebay. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This was a non ebay purchase, so paypal refunded back to a newly created paypal account.

What the OP should have done is contact his credit card company and filed a chargeback.

OP just have them send you a check, if you don't want to add a bank account

Login to Me Too

jetcitywoman
Contributor
Contributor

Okay thank you, I'll do that.  I have to say I'm not impressed with Paypal's purported purchase protection.  I ended up giving Paypal $2 for nothing.  Wow. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.