"Top Seller" rip off

Jrye
New Community Member

I just purchased a MacBook Pro from a "Top Seller" and paid thru PayPal on Friday. On Tuesday, seller emailed me saying that his EBay and Paypal accounts have both been closed. Meaning he cannot refund my money thru Paypal. He suggested filing a dispute, but it's too early to file a displute with either company. So I have to wait a week and a half before they tell me there is nothing  they can do? Does PayPal process transctions for accounts they closing down? How can I get my money back now?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

File the dispute - that's all you can do.

Paypal will refund you, out of their own pocket, if necessary.

Seller must have done something really bad to get kicked off BOTH sites at the same time.  That's almost unheard of unless he was running some sort of fraud.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Actually, it is almost impossible for that to happen.

I would like you to check this out a bit more - this could have been a fake email.

Go to your buying section and see if the purchase is still listed.  Then see if you can open the actual Listing page up by licking on the description.

If the page comes up - check the seller's feedback - if he's been booted, then it should say, "Not a Registered User" under his name.

If you don't see that "Not a Registered User" under hi name, then email him, tell him about wht's happened and suggest that someone's trying to mess with his account.  He should get ebay security on that ASAP.

It's a shot in the dark, but it's possible.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.