defraud of £500 and paypal wont act!

robborugbyrobbo
Contributor
Contributor

i have benn defrauded of £500 and paypal have turned a blind eye and swept it under the carpet!

i purchased camping tickets for V festival back in march of this year from ebay for the sum of £500, i paid for the tickets via paypal where i have been a customer for over 5 years and thought i was protected against the countless fraudsters that are out there.

a few days after buying the tickets ebay messaged me saying there was a violation with the listing and they advised me not to pay and if i had payed to try and get refunded from the seller; failing that to open a dispute with ebay to settle the matter. after weeks of trying to contact the seller to no avail i opened a dispute expecting ebay to find in my favour, however they could not find in my favour because the tickets were NOT covered under ebay buyer protection because i was seen to be renting the land from chelmsford county council!

ebay then stressed that i would still be covered by paypal and that i should contact them. i contacted paypal and they REFUSED to take any further action because ebay had settled the dispute and as ebay is there sister company in there eyes the matter was closed!

i explaining to paypals call centre staff but all they kept saying was they couldnt do anything because ebay had dealt with the matter.

i would strongly recommend to stay away from paypal because they lead you to believe you are save from fraudsters where as in reality its a completely different story.  due to paypals incompetence i have had to envolve my local authority in order to pursue this fraudster.   

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.