Won SNAD claim Seller has refused package from USPS what now

smoke0292
Contributor
Contributor

I recently won a SNAD claim paypal told me to return the item using signature confirmation so i complied. Checked the tracking number today it says shipment refused. My question is what happens now i complied with the orders from paypal to recieve my refund i now notice in our dispute it says "waiting for response from seller" before it said reviewing right before the closed status am i going to be **bleep**ed my money and the item? Anyone been through this before if i get the item back i will not ship it back to the seller on my money again im already out $30 as it is

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Davros
Contributor
Contributor

call paypal and let them know that the seller refused the package. If the item was over $250.00 they will request a proof of postage from you to confirm that you sent it to the correct address and as long as the info is correct they will still refund you.

Login to Me Too

smoke0292
Contributor
Contributor

I uploaded the tracking number right after i sent the package and added signature confirmation as paypal requested my question is now that he has refused it with usps am i going to get the item back if so what the heck do i do with it i am **bleep** sure not spending another $30 of my own money to ship it back to the seller

Login to Me Too

Davros
Contributor
Contributor

If he refused it once you don't have to ship it back I would hold onto it untill you are refunded and then you can do whatever you want to with it. Sell it, donate it, throw it away etc...

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I believe the post above is accurate.  If the seller refuses to accept the parcel then it's returned to you and you keep both the item and the refund.  You should probably attempt to call PayPal and have them mark your account with this information.  Never send PP an e-mail as it's all automated and no one will read the message.

Login to Me Too

Davros
Contributor
Contributor

Oh the emails are read but most of the time it is a generic form letter response back the info is good but can feel a little to impersonal

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Just adding my voice.

Paypal regards the refusal of the parcel by the seller the same as a delivery, so you'll win the case, but tell them about it.

Then, when the parcel comes back, sit on it.

When the seller eventually decides they want their parcel back, tell them they must pay for a second delivery attempt PLUS any money you are out for having to pick up the returned parcel.  Tell them they must pay by Postal Money order ( beause you can check that it's legitimate at the Post Office right away).

Login to Me Too

mrshmllw
Contributor
Contributor

Per Paypal's dispute resolution email, I was told I was eligible for a refund.  I just needed to send the item back to the seller with confirmation and provide the confirmation number.  I sent the item on Tuesday and provided the number to Paypal that same day.  I just checked the USPS tracking info and it stated the item was refused (by the seller).  What does that mean to me and receiving a refund?  The item was delivered.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.