Why Did PayPal Do This??

W6JHB
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question and a beef with PayPal. Here's the history:

On 2/13/2011 one of my auctions for US classic postage stamps closed. The winning buyer (who had zero feedback at the time), living in NYC, paid me via PayPal three days later, the grand sum of $3.38 (2.63 for the stamp plus .65 for shipping). I mailed his stamp out to him that same morning. Later in the day I got an email from PayPal saying that the transaction was being investigated. No reason why was given. They asked if I had sent the item, how I sent it, and to what address. I told them First Class mail, to the address I was given in the eBay sales record. Today, 2/19/2011, I get an email from PayPal saying that the transaction was being reversed, and that the buyer has been refunded his money. WTF?????? What is going on here? Why am I being **bleep**ed on this transaction? I've done nothing wrong. Never heard from the buyer saying he was unhappy. I am really, really **bleep** about this whole fiasco. Anyone from PayPal listening here............???

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

Bikerbobl
Contributor
Contributor

On 7/14/11, I purchased 2 cell phone batteries through Ebay  and paid through paypal.  The batteries took 6 - 7 weeks to get here and when I charged them both, they would not hold a charge at all.

I contacted the seller and after a month they said that my money would be returned to my account.

Somehow YOU, Paypal decided to take $5.88 out of my account.  This is baffling since it was an authorized  refund.  Now, I have paid an additional $5.88 for 2 batteries that are still dead and the seller doesn't want them  back. Total $11.98.

Just because the amount is small doesn't mean that a won't persue this matter by all means available.

Just tell me that a mistake was made and refund the money and I will be sure to use another means to purchase.

Login to Me Too

Stardelamor

Today I placed a order for .99 cents from a game site. It never asked me to confirm this transaction it just went. I have been using paypal for years have recommended it to everyone but now I am very disappointed. The .99 cents popped up again and I figured it was going to let me order again so as soon as I pushed the button &  the price changed, I right away closed out the browser and went back it in. It had completed the transaction and feel like I was tricked . When I order on eBay it always asks me to confirm the transaction before it actual finishes also you used to be able to cancel a transaction but I couldn't find any place to do so. This is the first problem I have had in a  long long time. I am just shocked that they can get by with this and I am sol. I sent a email to the company but do not except a reply I thought other people were stupid because they didn't use paypal . I had so mush faith they I couldn't be ripped off the jokes on me. Its not the money it is a small amount its the dishonest way they took it called right away but they processed the transaction so fast they said it couldn't be reversed. I wish they required a confirm button  for all transactions.

Login to Me Too

herbiewardone
New Community Member

this is how i protect myself from your problem. when i sell an item i add in description that i will ship item when the paypal transaction is complete. and this means that the money has to be transferred from my paypal over to my bank account. not just into the paypal. once you transfer it into your actual bank account then they cant take it back. it takes longer for the money to move but it protects me from anyone taking it out of my bank account without my authorization. as long as it stays in the paypal account they can go in and get it. like i say i make sure the deposit goes from paypal to my bank.. then my bank will protect the money. i have made purchases as well and the sellers always wait a few days for their money to move to their bank account before they send me the item. just add a couple more days to the shipping and handling time so they wont dispute the extra time. instead of 2 or 3 days just make it 4or 5 and again also write it in with the description that the item will not ship until the transaction is final. hope this helped.

Login to Me Too

synergy1
 I sold 2 items totaling $546.The total Papal gave me was $301.95 for an item that sold for $336 + $195.61 for an item sold for $210.....

I am missing $48.44 and the small remaining amount from shipping and handling was already combined in the prices I should have received......   Has Papal removed $48.44 for their costs? 8.89% for listing is expensive.....

I can see $5 listing for each item but  If the % is accurate at 8.89% or even in the ballpark then $48.44 for listing and selling items seems a bit expensive to me....

Am I really charged that much?  A few $$.$$ for each item listed for the extras I had is OK but .$48.44 is not good...Why so much?  I plan to call Paypal and find out what happened unless I can get an answer on this site. Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.