VERY CONFUSED ABOUT A REFUND MADE!

janlee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I was unaware that the seller is wholly responsible for item until it gets in the buyers hands! So when a buyer wanted a refund for an item that never arrived, I told him that he could've asked me to insure it. Anyhow, long story short, he filed a dispute with PP. PP had me to set aside the disputed amount via my credit card until the matter was settled. Well, it came to my attention that I would be held responsible when I tried to add a note that a buyer could purchase insurance, but w/o it, I couldn't be held accountable. An automated message popped up informing me that I could not do that and I was responsible. I was shocked. So I went to PP and begrudgingly gave a full refund to settle the dispute...it wasn't like I had a prayer afterall! Sellers are really taken advantage of, huh?!

When I granted the refund, I wasn't real clear on where they took the funds from. I had no money in my PP account. Did they take it from the credit card that I had used to set aside the disputed amount or did they withdraw it from my bank account? I don't have enough in my bank account to cover it right now! I tried to determine on the transaction details, but was unable to tell.

Can someone advise me?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.