Used Paypal as a GUEST ...how can I file a claim?

spongebob1968

I purchased something using PayPal to complete the transaction. I was using paypal as a Guest because I couldn't remember my password. I never got what I purchased, sent several emails to contact the seller and am getting ignored!!!! I tried to open a claim, but because I was using PayPal as a guest, I do not have a transaction number. The email I received from PayPal has a receipt number in it to to used in case I need to reference the transaction, but when I copy n paste it into the trans number....it says "invalid transaction number" No kidding...it's a receipt number! How can I file a claim using the receipt number?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, as a guest you can file a dispute with PayPal over a bad transaction.  To do this you will need to phone PayPal using the number found on the contact us page.  It should take a few moments for them to find your transaction and they can manually enter the dispute or claim for you.  It should be relatively easy and I am pretty sure they will send you e-mails on any updates with the dispute.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, as a guest you can file a dispute with PayPal over a bad transaction.  To do this you will need to phone PayPal using the number found on the contact us page.  It should take a few moments for them to find your transaction and they can manually enter the dispute or claim for you.  It should be relatively easy and I am pretty sure they will send you e-mails on any updates with the dispute.

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.