Unresolved Dispute!

Aaron47
Contributor
Contributor

In 2008 I made a purchase and never received the item. I tried to contact the seller several times by email, with no results, so I opened a dispute about my purchase. I tried several times to get my money back by contacting the seller and PayPal. The claim I opened was closed and never resolved. All I got was three emails from PayPal that my dispute would close by a certain date. Nothing more. To this day I am out of my money and have never heard from the seller and PayPal. Here is the email PayPal sent to open my dispute. The first of three. Nothing more. The seller never contacted me. There was never a resolution.

Dear Aaron,

You have opened a dispute for the payment you made to Jason Coleman on Dec
28, 2008 (Transaction 5DM453655N7628533) indicating that you did not
receive the item you purchased.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction details
Seller's name:
Seller's email:
Seller's transaction ID:

Transaction date: Dec 28, 2008
Transaction amount: -$36.00 USD
Your transaction ID:
Case number: PP-627-270-735
Response deadline: Feb 19, 2009

By opening a dispute in the Resolution Center, you will be working directly
with the seller to resolve this issue. We will email you when the seller
posts a response. Most of the time, disputes can be resolved quickly and
amicably in the Resolution Center. You'll be able to review the dispute
details, communicate with the seller, or ask PayPal to decide the outcome
of the case by filing a claim.

Next steps

- Click the "Resolution Center" tab.
- Review the dispute details.
- Post new messages to the seller.

Timeframe

You can escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim until Feb 19, 2009. On that
date, we will automatically close the dispute. We encourage you to respond
to the seller as soon as possible.
A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.

To learn more about PayPal's dispute resolution process, log in to your
account and click the "Tutorials" link on the "Resolution Center" tab.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP901
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

malenurse911
Contributor
Contributor

hi not really the last contact i has with paypal said to get it sorted i have to give back the money my bank claimed back and let payapl pay my bogus seller and that would leave me out of pocket but acording to the operator i spoke to that would keep paypal happpy and give me back my account

how can this be justified

why cant payapl claim the money back from the seller and just let me have my account back ?

i was told to make my bank aware of the situation and so i did and they stopped the payment and noe i ahve been told its my fault for getting my bank involved which is what iwas told to do in the first place

so my worry is now how far will paypal go to get the moey from me if they are convinced i still owe it to them ??????

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi malenurse911,

PayPal would instruct a person to contact their bank if they tell us that their bank account information has been compromised. If it's a matter of a payment that is authorized that the buyer is disputing because of non-receipt or because it's not as described, stopping payment on the transaction with your bank will preempt the dispute process.

When eBay pulls an auction, they do advise their buyers to contact PayPal if a payment has been submitted. This allows PayPal to help you select the best solution - stopping a payment at the bank can cause other problems on an account, so we'd prefer to resolve it via the claims process first. If no phone has been shipped to you, and the seller cannot prove that, your negative balance is potentially only temporary while PayPal investigates the bank reversal.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

malenurse911
Contributor
Contributor

ok seem to be learning a lot here so perhaps you can tell me how long will paypal give the seller to contact them they have sent emails out at lest three times to my knowledge before this thing is settled

Login to Me Too

malenurse911
Contributor
Contributor

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:03 AM, paypal wrote:

Dear Andrew fry,

Your PayPal account currently has a negative balance of -£284.00.

Please repay this outstanding amount immediately. You can call us on
0208 6100 150 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0208 6100 150      end_of_the_skype_highlighting between the hours of 8am to 5.30pm for information on how
to repay.

Failure to repay will result in your debt being passed to a Collections

or Agency, which in turn may affect your credit rating.

If you’re negative balance is due to a failed bank transfer, our system
may automatically re-apply to your bank for the payment. If this is the
case, please ensure that there are sufficient funds in your bank
account. If not, please contact us on the number above.

If you have already initiated to add funds from your bank account to
clear the negative balance please respond to this email and notify us of
this. It normally takes between 5 - 7 business days to add funds from a
bank account.

If you have already repaid your negative balance please disregard this
message.

this is a copy of a messages i got from paypal today this is the fair system that is for the victim in a scam !! if so why am i geting hounded and threatended with action against me for money for a phone i never had or eveer likely to get and could end up in court   ???????????????????/

Login to Me Too

libbiegirl1
Contributor
Contributor

no , i never even contacted my bank about the situation the only ones were ebay and then paypal, i had to close out ebay claim in order to file with paypal, the only others were the sellers.  I was refunded today for one of the 3 so im still waiting for reply from canal boat or paypal, maybe.......It is a shame people place orders from sellers ,in my case another country and am yet to actually receive anything,...Pay pal contacted me and said because i had filed a complaint with ebay and had closed it out then i had resolved the problem, where as paypal told me originally to close action with ebay in order to file claim with pay pal.  The problem with these sellers was never fixed. The items , all three were to be a wedding gift as a the items were separates that actually went together, needless to say NO GIFT to the bride . 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.