Sick of Paypal.

Paypal promotes buyer fraud. No protection or regard for the seller.
Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

SkyeO
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed. Sellers are NEVER protected... **bleep** I have even received an item I realized was stolen, (the owner got ahold of me) I GAVE BACK. Seller Got away with about 70USD, I got nothing. 

Login to Me Too

theatre_junkie
Contributor
Contributor

I agree! I think we should seriously flood a national news source and get their attention! My account is -405.00 because a SCAMMER refuses to comply! These loopholes need to be closed ASAP! This crap is ridiculous! I hate we have to go through this BUT there is STRENGTH in numbers!!

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@theatre_junkie wrote:

I agree! I think we should seriously flood a national news source and get their attention! My account is -405.00 because a SCAMMER refuses to comply! These loopholes need to be closed ASAP! This crap is ridiculous! I hate we have to go through this BUT there is STRENGTH in numbers!!

Yeah, see - that's where I'm just going to get really irritated. You read the NAME of the thread and did the old "grab the pitchfork and torch and pile on" thing when that is CLEARLY not what this thread is about. Not that you read the thread. Obviously. martianpittaway was doing some really hard work to try to help someone get help with a very real problem he was having, martainpittaway and I were having a heated yet cordial discussions on the litigious state of the American mentality as evidenced by an earlier poster who did nothing to help himself in a situation - absolutely nothing, and then declared he was going to sue PayPal for MORE than the amount he lost when he himself did nothing to try to collect. He was abusing the system and, man, people are like Vacuum cleaners hoovering up (cause I can't say a particular word) when they sit on their flat couch-potato butts and have this "deserving" "I deserve" mentality. Freaking country of "ENTITLED" people. And if they don't get what they want, by golly, they'll just SUE. Heavens knows there are unscrupulous lawyers who'll take the case.

Now, if you want to join a discussion where people like you are writing "PayPal is teh evil and we should start a lawsuite" there is already one thread 300 pages long with people who think JUST LIKE YOU.

Go Post there.

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Raveninred wrote:

@theatre_junkie wrote:

Yeah, see - that's where I'm just going to get really irritated. You read the NAME of the thread and did the old "grab the pitchfork and torch and pile on" thing when that is CLEARLY not what this thread is about. Not that you read the thread. Obviously. martianpittaway was doing some really hard work to try to help someone get help with a very real problem he was having, martainpittaway and I were having a heated yet cordial discussions on the litigious state of the American mentality as evidenced by an earlier poster who did nothing to help himself in a situation - absolutely nothing, and then declared he was going to sue PayPal for MORE than the amount he lost when he himself did nothing to try to collect. He was abusing the system and, man, people are like Vacuum cleaners hoovering up (cause I can't say a particular word) when they sit on their flat couch-potato butts and have this "deserving" "I deserve" mentality. Freaking country of "ENTITLED" people. And if they don't get what they want, by golly, they'll just SUE. Heavens knows there are unscrupulous lawyers who'll take the case.

Now, if you want to join a discussion where people like you are writing "PayPal is teh evil and we should start a lawsuite" there is already one thread 300 pages long with people who think JUST LIKE YOU.

Go Post there.

Thank you! All he does is comment on a bunch of threads hoping someone will listen to his sob story.

Login to Me Too

gabrielh
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here.Buyer used the "item not as described" claim option to be able to return the brand new laptop that I sold him (that he opened!) and get all his money back

(buyer was expecting a 3D laptop even though I NEVER stated in my listing that it was 3D.)

He even called me later to applogize for using this method to get his money back (the exact same thing happened to him as a seller so he knew exactly what to do).

What baffle me is why Paypal just dont investigate proprely.It would have taken them 5minutes to read my ebay item description to see that I listed everything proprely (they would have see that I sold 5 exact same computer/listing  and already got positive feedback on most of them!).

Good thing I was able to re sell it as open item without losing much money, but in the end I still lost money when I was 100% in the right without possible doubts!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey everybody! 

So....I am going to lock this thread.  It has gotten off topic with interpersonal disputes.  Please refer to the Forum Decorum thread for posting expectations.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

That is all. Smiley Indifferent

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.