Sick of Paypal.

Paypal promotes buyer fraud. No protection or regard for the seller.
Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

erm.....I. don't. know.

But it's really because more that I can't tell what in the **bleep** you're saying.

You're a fersh (sic) victim of fraud, and PayPal robbed you.

I'm goint to stop here and ask - why it was that PayPal robbed you and not some random consumer on e-bay or whatever selling platform you're using? Back you your gibber -er-- message.

I got evry thing tracking no and proof as well and tracking no. say that the item is delivered

This to me so far sounds like an outrageous success story. You have FEDERAL proof of delivery - remember, the postal agency is a federal agency. So you shipped it, tracked it, got notice of delivery - with their signature (I hope)? That would stand up in smal claims court, if you're mad enough - which you seem to be,

and your final line:

but.................................

Is this a so called seller protection policy?????

Well, I'm a little left scratching my head as to what the promblem is. What IS the promblem? Did the buyer deny that they ever received their purchase? Well, you have federal proof that shows otherwrise. Was there no signature, just a notice of delivery? Well, this happens sometimes in an apartment building or a rotten neighborhood where people just grab crap from your mailbox or from in front of your door. Happened in my neighborhood - 90210. People came by with a **bleep**-driver and pulled the BACK off our mailboxes to get to our mail. Three times. And when I had my own apartment in WI, I had them stop leaving the stuff in front of my door, I had them go over and leave it at the office, and the office would call and say a package (or whatever) was waiting. MUCH easier and I received 99% of my items.

But you really don't say what the problem with Seller Policy is that you have with PayPal, you just sounds like you're jumping on the bandwagon. Maybe if you add dome details, those of us who may have been around for a longer time could offer advice...

Love to help!

Raven

Login to Me Too

jugnoo
Contributor
Contributor

jugnoo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry the fresh victim

Thanks for your advice

I am new in community as well

So got some problems in posting reply as well

yes i didn't get any signature that's right but as paypal stated in the policy that if seller send the parcel with tracking no. that is safe for seller.

But what happen in my case? and even paypal charge me the chargeback fee separately.

so what does that mean?

Can i claim it back (the whole money).

Any advice???

Kind regards

Login to Me Too

jugnoo
Contributor
Contributor

Forgot somethiings

Buyer never contact me at all.

I only knew that the parcel is delivered by tracking no.

and that was on time.

It seems like buyer  decide to do this before buying and after 33 days days a claim in the paypal for unauthorised payment is filed.

First of all I didn't understand the type of the case, how that can be happen?

To prove a card is not my job, isn't it?

I hope that now you can get it.

Any advice please??

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, that is a tricky one. Perhaps if you can scan in your proof of delivery and open a claim with PayPal regarding this buyer, you may be able to get some satisfaction.

I often find that the more evidence you can produce in trying to prove your claim - even if it's past some "arbitrary" date (like you said, the customer did this past 33 days, but if I am correct - and I am not sure I am at all - I think you have 45 days to open a dispute), but even if it's past the time, and you're trying to dispute what decision has been made because some buyer was rotten and said there was NO delivery and you can prove there WAS a delivery by providing proof of delivery, they'll just find that the buyer is full of BS.

Also, I don't know if this transaction was started on e-Bay, but if it was, you should make a posting on the boards there and name the buyer by name and ask if anyone else has had any problems, or check the buyer's history and if there are negatives on there, contact those sellers and see if the cases are alike, and maybe you can band together and contact PayPal together, and e-Bay and get the Buyer banned. They (e-Bay) I know can ban by IP address, so it's not like they can make multiple accounts. (Like the above poster was suggesting you do here on PayPal. Um, did you think the multiple accounts with the same addresses and vehicles of payment would not raise a red flag?? Bad idea.)

Those are some options, perhaps some other posters on here will have some other ideas. If you have a Customer Service agent you'd been working with (here on PayPal), try to engage that same agent because they would be familair with the case, or have a history that they could look at.

Best of luck to you.

Login to Me Too

martinpittaway
Contributor
Contributor

People, People, People.

Once again. We, as individuals, can complain all we like. We have to become a BIG WE, then Paypal and eBay will start to take notice.

Think Erin Brockovich and PG&E.  PG&E were walking all over the complainants as individuals, but as soon as Erin Brockovich brought them together and 'THEY', became a 'class' action, PG&E caved in.

I am in the UK and the rules are different here. Make PayPal and eBay hurt in the USA and they will have to address their policies and procedures worldwide.

The WE all might benefit.

Login to Me Too

martinpittaway
Contributor
Contributor

It;s no good looking at individual items and trying to complain. eBay and Paypal are laughing at you all the way to the bank. They are so BIG no one argues and if you do they walk right over you.

Show a pattern. Demonstrate how the policy of investigation is to take the scam buyer at their word and find against the seller. Now a pattern emerges.

Start talking to each other physically so you get to know each others account names. Work together. Demand answers and if you don't get a good answer ask for the case to be escalated. Start claiming negligence on the part of the investigator. Start questioning the decision making process that can arrive at a decision without communicating with both parties to obtain a full picture of the events.

Go at them with factual evidence and if the law is on your side start finding lawyers who will write to them.

It's going to take this and more to get a Elephant of this size to move it's butt and start to make a change.

Login to Me Too

Tommy_369
New Community Member

I've been with ebay for 10-years and 9-years with PayPal. Now I sell a $500 item and they put my money on hold and want me to ship the item. Their explanations are pure bull**bleep**... I'm not shipping anything I haven't been paid for. I'm going to sell on other sites and if that doesn't work, I'll sell on ebay and except only money orders... This really **bleep**!!!

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@Tommy_369 wrote:

I've been with ebay for 10-years and 9-years with PayPal. Now I sell a $500 item and they put my money on hold and want me to ship the item. Their explanations are pure bull**bleep**... I'm not shipping anything I haven't been paid for. I'm going to sell on other sites and if that doesn't work, I'll sell on ebay and except only money orders... This really **bleep**!!!

So, Tommy_369,  you say PayPal wants you to send the item and has put a hold on your money until you send the item? That does NOT sound right.

Are you POSITIVE the information that tells you to do this comes from PayPal? I would call PayPal FIRST to clarify this before you take any action. There was a news item recently that said there was a HUGE phishing scam going on about PayPal recently, and this MAY be part of it.

If you have been a member of PayPal for 9 years, you are definitely in their Top Tier customer program. When you go into you Customer Service area of PayPal and click the Contact Customer Service by Phone, you will get a Web Pin number good for 60 minutes that corresponds to your account (I just did this to clarify a misunderstanding with my account). This lets them  know IMMEDIATELY that they are talking with the owner of the account - very helpful. As soon as you get a Customer Service Representative on the line, they will ask you your name - to verify it's you, the owner of the account. As soon as they verify it's you, please explain the problem - that you've been directed to send the item before PayPal will release your funds.

This doesn't sound like a legitimate request, so I would ask PayPal directly. There have been a rash of very deceitful but really lookalike mails pretending to be from PayPal - and NOT being from PayPal at all!!! And because it's asking you to do something that is not in any way logical or in your best interests, I would definitely clear it with them VERBALLY first.

A lot of people are getting MAD at things that are NOT from PayPal at all. Thieves are getting way too clever and way too good at copying PayPal mails and tricking good customers and Sellers into doing things that are against their best interests, and - here's the best advice I could give you:

If it doesn't feel right: LOOK INTO IT WITH THE PEOPLE WHO CAN GIVE YOU THE REAL INFO FIRST. Don't get mad, get educated. You might be surprised, and you might be able to help someone else from getting ripped off, too.

Thats the best advice I can give you. it doesn't sound right to me, and I'm a stranger. If I don't believe it - maybe you shouldn't either. I'm no lawyer, but I've read enough news reports about PayPal fraud schemes where the thieves are scamming people with PayPal's own devices looking similar.

Give it a shot. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Best of luck,

Raven

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

Is this the problem of PayPal or E-Bay? I haven't sold on E-Bay for a while, but when I did, their dispute process was pretty fair and didn't automatically go through PayPal. Have you gone thorugh that process with this particular dispute? i think that because E-Bay and PayPal are owned by the same comapny (I can't recall who owns whom) that if you win the dispute through E-Bay, PayPal seemed to follwo E-Bay's decision. Is that no longer the case?

Raven

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.