Should I escalate to Paypal claim or not? HELP!

haniff22
Contributor
Contributor

I just listed an item on ebay last few weeks. After done with the auction, the buyer sent me the money through Paypal. The payment is received but I have to wait for 21 days or until the buyer leaves me a feedback. So, I shipped the item to Canada and include a tracking number. The item is scheduled to be delivered approximately between 6-10 business days. On the 10th day, the buyer opened a case for a dispute said that the item is not received yet and there's no tracking number to track the item. So, I called USPS customer service about this shipment and they said there's no way to track where the item is since USPS does not provide tracking number for shipping outside of the US. The initial tracking number that I provided him is actually a reference for the shipping insurance not a tracking number. I sent him a message on Resolution Center to let him know about this and asked him to wait for a few more days for the item. On the 11th day, I received a message from him stated that he received the item and all is perfect. He also stated that all his claims are premature and invalid. He also left me a positive feedback on ebay. The only thing he didn't do is to close the dispute. I've asked him several times to close the dispute since I'm sure he is satisfied with the item (provided with a positive feedback he left me). Now, I've waited for days and he seems not to response to any of my messages. 

Thus, I need your guys help. What should I do now? Should I wait until the dispute is closed automatically or should I escalate this dispute for a claim? HELP!

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How was it shipped 1st calss international or priority international.

1st class is not trackable, Priority is trackable using the customs number per the USPS site.

Also you should be able to imput the customs number in the canadian postal site also

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How was it shipped 1st calss international or priority international.

1st class is not trackable, Priority is trackable using the customs number per the USPS site.

Also you should be able to imput the customs number in the canadian postal site also

Login to Me Too

haniff22
Contributor
Contributor

Oh my! Thank goodness! I didn't realize that. Somehow, I put a wrong tracking number. The number on the Custom form is the tracking number! The USPS guy told me a wrong thing. Nevermind. I'm glad you told me this. Now, the buyer can't hide anymore.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

MrsMonteSS

To add to that, if you call Paypal and advise them that this dispute was left open carelessly, they will more than likely close the case and release the funds! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.