Shipping charges

gzman1
Contributor
Contributor

Are we responsible for shipping back items if they arrive and are obviously fake? ok so I read some posts that say if you claim a fraud through your dredit card then the seller has to send a prepayed return label. If i used a cc through pp though the charge has not been sent through yet. TIA for any advice. It doesnt seem as though PP will do this for us.

is there a list of companies on this forum I could have looked through to see if they were a seller of fake items? if not we need to MAKE one as a sticky post too PP!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

gzman1
Contributor
Contributor

I just made a claim with the CC and they credited my acc right away. So now if the co wants their product back they can send a prepaid return slip. Thanks god for C Cards.

We still need to start a list of fraud internet companies.

Login to Me Too

artisticways
New Community Member

II purchased an item from a vendor, not thru Ebay.  I paid for item and shipping with PayPal.  I paid for overnight UPS because of deadline and was charged $30.  They sent me a confirmation that my order was received at 8:30 and was sent via UPS next day...$30.00  They sent the package regular ground at $5.95.  Vendor will not respond to me about refund and will not return calls, emails, whatever.  Paypal says it is not their problem.  HELP someone!

Login to Me Too

Crafty_1-Two
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

When you purchase an item on EBAY you need to read what the seller pays for when you order that item.  Some say No Refunds, some say you have to ship back at your cost, some say they will pay for shipping back and how long you have to return the item.  You can find all this out on EBAY seller buyer policies.  If a company tells you something about an item you bought and it is not as described they have to pay all of it and you send it back to the seller via EBAY.  You can get this shipping label free from EBAY and they will charge it to the seller.  You can also open a dispute with the seller or buyer on the EBAY "Feedback" page.  This is where sellers and buyers get there rating from whether it be 100% positive or 95% or whatever.  This "Feedback" sets the tone for their buying or selling practices and the fees they have to pay.  You can also go to your email account and contact the seller first if this fails that is when you contact EBAY.  You can also cancel the payment through your own credit card company.  If you used PayPal Smart Connects credit card you open the dispute with them and you can also open up a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office, The EBB, The Consumer Affairs Department for Unfair Business Practices, The District Attorney's Office, The Federal Trade Commission and the "DIF" The Department of Financial Institutions which oversees banks and it is faster if you do this online.  You need to keep your records of who you talked to the date the time, the emails and faxes.  I have found out that most of the time dealing with PayPal, PayPal Smart Connect and GE Money Bank now GE Capital Retail Bank that you are giving false names, people who send you emails etc., with no name and they pick and choose what they want to put in your file.  It might seem like a lot to do, but it isn't really.  If more people stood up to this type of "Unfair Business Practices" this would not be as astronomical as it is.  Good Luck your going to need it dealing with "THE THREE".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.