Seller's Paypal Refund for misrepresented returned item bounced

so_rare
Contributor
Contributor

The necklace seller listed as 14k turned out to be junk. I contacted her and she insisted that even though it wasn't marked, a jeweler told her it was gold, but if I wanted to return it she would refund my money. I returned the item with delivery confimration, then heard nothing. When I contacted seller, she immediately refunded my $50 through paypal, they notified me, then notified me that her bank rejected the charge as nsf.  Do I have any recourse? When I entered the transaction id at the resolution center, I received a message that the transacton could not be disputed. I followed paypal's advice to try to settle the matter with the seller first, so I did. Now I am out the money with no way to file a claim.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Chrissysue
New Community Member

I would contact your local police department.  Or if you have her information the PD in her area.  There has to be something you can do.
I am in sort of the same boat....I ordered Uggs for my daughters in Nov. for Christmas, went to find seller to ask question and BAHM....gone...so I filed a dispute and still NOTHING.... $188 GONE!  And I have no information on the seller~

Hope you get your money back!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Crafty_1-Two
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL IS VIOLATING THEIR OWN RULES AND YOU CAN FIND THIS OUT BY GOING TO PAYPAL AND EBAY RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SELLERS AND BUYERS AND GO THROUGH WHAT CONCERN'S YOU AND THE FAKE ITEM THAT YOU BOUGHT.  EBAY AND PAYPAL HAVE INSURANCE AND THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO PROTECT YOU AND ALL YOUR PURCHASES AND SELLING ITEMS APPARENTLY THEY ARE' NOT FOLLOWING THEIR OWN POLICY.  USE THEIR OWN RULES AND REGULATIONS AGAINST THEM. YOU ALSO NEED TO KEEP A LOG OF WHEN YOU CALLED, WHAT IT WAS ABOUT, THE NAME OF THE PERSON OR PERSON'S YOU SPOKE TO GOOD LUCK ON THAT ONE THE DATE TIME ETC. GIVE THIS INFORMATION AND ALL YOUR PROBLEMS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING AS FAR AS PAYPAL AND EBAY TO THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN SANTA CLARA, CA WHERE PAYPAL IS LOCATED THERE ARE LOTS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE THAT ARE VERY UPSET ABOUT THE WAY THESE COMPANIES TREAT THEM  AND KEEP THEIR MONEY OR MONIES.  THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN SANTA CLARA, CA HAS BEEN GIVEN "ALL"  THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME.  YOU NEED TO ALSO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, THE BBB, THE "DFI" THE DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTION, THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF BANKING, THE CONSUMER AFFAIRS OFFICE FOR UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES AND VIOLATING YOUR RIGHTS, THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION DO THE FILING A COMPLAINT ON LINE ITS FASTER.  ALSO PLEASE NOTE THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, “BIG BANKS JOIN BATTLE FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS”- HIGHLIGHTS; BANK OF AMERICA, WELLS FARGO AND JP MORGAN CHASE JOINING FORCES TO CREATE “CLEAR X CHANGE” TO COMPETE WITH PAYPAL (ARTICLE NOTED THAT PAYPAL REVENUES ACCOUNT FOR 1/3 OF EBAYS TOTAL REVENUE) AND OTHER ONLINE PAYMENT SYSTEMS, HEAVILY MENTIONED IN GOOGLE'S SYSTEMS.  
THE NICE THING ABOUT THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS THAT WE DO HAVE CHOICES ON WHO WE WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THESE COMPANIES IN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL ARTICLE WILL GET MY BUSINESS I WILL NOT BE DOING ANY MORE BUSINESS WITH PAY PAL ONCE THIS “MESS” IS TAKEN CARE OF THAT STARTED ON OCTOBER 12, 2011.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.