Seller requested payment for shipping separately through PayPal, but never sent item!

CaliGreen23
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a very heavy transmisison for $100 on eBay. The shipping was different for everyone depending on where you live of course. I was given a quote of $150 and had to pay separate from the eBay transaction thru PayPal. I paid for the item October 10th, and for the shipping October 11th. I attached a message including the item number and details when I sent the payment for shipping. I requested a tracking number if it was available.

October 25th emailed thru eBay inquiring to where the transmission was or a tracking number.

October 26th seller answered asking if we had deposited the "extra $150" into their account.

November 1st, seller emails and states they are sending it UPS that day and will provide tracking number immediately.

I have emailed the seller multiple times and opened a case through eBay. I can only get a refund for the shipping through PayPal. When I opened a resolution after it was "registered" I received the message "Unfortunately, this type of dispute is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution".

I believe their automated system thinks I am trying to get a refund for something that I bought on eBay, because I mentioned it in the complaint that was sent to the seller. WHAT TO DO?! I filed with eBay $100 for transmission, but can't file with PayPal for $150 shipping charge. 45 days is rapidly approaching!!! HELP!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.