Scammed. "Unauthorized Claim" - Virtual Sales. Any Advice/Tips? Help Please! Dispute Still Underway.

aidenn
New Community Member

I have an unfortunate story, but I would like to ask for any information that anyone can give to help aid in my attempt to win the criminally filed dispute/unauthorized claim that these people filed against me.

I was scammed, yesterday.

The buyer of my WoW account sent the money, and I traded over the account completely to him. I changed the E-mail, the password, and everything. I was so excited to have just sold the account, no longer would I have to play WoW and I just got paid!

Unfortunately, an hour later, I check my account, and BAM! Paypal hits me with a big "HELD" next to that $250.00 I just earned.

It's truly criminal to steal back money that one has already paid. What if all of these Paypal execs just got all of the small fees that everyone paid them STOLEN BACK because someone knows how to utilize a proxy server, keylogger, or just simple tactics to TRICK Paypal reviewers into thinking the payment was "Unauthorized."

P.S. On top of that, I sold Virtual Gold for $340.00, to a DIFFERENT BUYER. SAME THING HAPPENED. "Unauthorized" EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO SCAM AND GET THROUGH THE LOOPS PAYPAL. HELP PLEASE!!!!

P.S.S. The scammers trick you by sending the payment as a GIFT. One sees the money and doesn't think twice about payment form. Please HELP. I'VE READ TOO MANY HORROR STORIES ABOUT LOSING MONEY TO E-SCAMMERS!!!!!

Does anyone agree?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

sondre
Contributor
Contributor

So now you can stop using Paypal 🙂

Login to Me Too

three_sixteen

I'm laughing, but mostly out of frustration.  Alll I'm reading about are sellers who get **bleep**ed over by buyers with no relief.

My situation is the complete reverse - I'm a buyer who never received the virtual goods I paid for and paypal denied my dispute.  Paypal must spin a roulette wheel when deciding whether or not they're going to approve or deny a virtual goods claim. 

**bleep** Paypal, I'm closing my account.

Login to Me Too

three_sixteen

An afterthought: maybe paypal keeps the money for themselves.

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Should have had the pre-thought of dont use paypal for virtual items...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.