Refund refused on clear scam

amkafive

My case for a refund for a clear cut fraud which is well documented has been closed and no refund to be given as the "tracking information was incorrect" and the seller did not receive back the item he sent as part of the fraud.

Paypal also responded that while the claim is being processed if they need anymore information I will be contacted. I was not contacted about the tracking number "not working for them" or given a chance to confirm the number, i even have the receipt print out from the post office which verifies the number and that the item was sent by registered post. I included this in an email and was given the same auto response - "case closed, no refund, try and contact the seller etc etc tracking number was incorrect." The seller is long gone and was emailed at the beginning of the claim process!

I have been getting back responses from the "Protection Team" which seem automated as they clearly didn't read my response even though i was advised to email that particular address with any information about the transaction or seller that may help. 

I have checked the tracking number and it still works and reports the item is in the Depot in China. I have emailed Payapl regarding this, nothing back yet. I'm getting the run around by "Protection Services Department". A rename may be in order, well they protect the scammer so maybe it does not need changing.

I am astounded at this "customer service" from such a celebrated corporation, well i was until i saw the cases on here. 

Best advice is to contact them by phone or even in person i guess?? Yes why not take a holiday to Luxemburg and drop in, It's not impossible

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

stjames
New Community Member

I am dealing with the same issue with Paypal, they refused to resolve the dispute where I was scammed and get my money back .  Rang their Australian office, they just quoted policy, re no refund for 'electronic goods' disregarding the fact this was unauthorised. As final resort I contacted my bank and they obtained a refund for me.  Well, Paypal was not happy, they want me to refund them back!  I get constant emails telling me to pay up or they'll suspend account and affect my credit rating. I've written to them and sent by registered mail about 10 days ago, no response as yet.

Don't know about you, but this has put a dampner on my faith in Paypal, I can see using my credit card is a lot 'safer' as they can act on behalf of their customers, unlike Paypal's very 'conditional' dispute resolution policy

@amkafive wrote:

My case for a refund for a clear cut fraud which is well documented has been closed and no refund to be given as the "tracking information was incorrect" and the seller did not receive back the item he sent as part of the fraud.

Paypal also responded that while the claim is being processed if they need anymore information I will be contacted. I was not contacted about the tracking number "not working for them" or given a chance to confirm the number, i even have the receipt print out from the post office which verifies the number and that the item was sent by registered post. I included this in an email and was given the same auto response - "case closed, no refund, try and contact the seller etc etc tracking number was incorrect." The seller is long gone and was emailed at the beginning of the claim process!

I have been getting back responses from the "Protection Team" which seem automated as they clearly didn't read my response even though i was advised to email that particular address with any information about the transaction or seller that may help. 

I have checked the tracking number and it still works and reports the item is in the Depot in China. I have emailed Payapl regarding this, nothing back yet. I'm getting the run around by "Protection Services Department". A rename may be in order, well they protect the scammer so maybe it does not need changing.

I am astounded at this "customer service" from such a celebrated corporation, well i was until i saw the cases on here. 

Best advice is to contact them by phone or even in person i guess?? Yes why not take a holiday to Luxemburg and drop in, It's not impossible

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

"I  am dealing with the same issue with Paypal, they refused to resolve the dispute where I was scammed and get my money back .  Rang their Australian office, they just quoted policy, re no refund for 'electronic goods' disregarding the fact this was unauthorised."

So you are saying that some one used your login ID and Password to pay for an intangable item ?

Paypal usually tracks the I.P. address to see wher the payment was made form and then see's if it matches up to the account holders

What type of Paypal claim did you file

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I have checked the tracking number and it still works and reports the item is in the Depot in China.

Thats the problem it has to show delivered

Login to Me Too

Kinbel
New Community Member
Thanks for your post. I have been scammed by Fashion-Shoes-Mall so I requested a refund from PayPal. I received an email from PayPal today stating that I would need to ship the junk that I was sent as part of the scam back to 'seller' in China and provide a tracking number before I could receive a refund. I called and spoke with a PayPal representative and explained that the 'seller' would not be picking up the merchandise as it is part of the scam and they immediately refunded my money.
Login to Me Too

shadowandrosie
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed when I sold an item for eighteen hundred eighty dollars.  Come to find out, four other sellers to same guy were scammed  too. Why is paypal still letting them buy items? Why is ebay allowing them to still have a buyers account? Where is our protection?  Feels like paypal is the one scamming! Do not sell to mitsuwa89 or send anything to Japan.  The scammer is the one protected here.  Where's my money?

Login to Me Too

pasirish
New Community Member

Good luck on contacting them by phone.  I just went through a round where a company processed an order and charged my account after their website clearly indicated "Error" did not process please try again at a later time.  Lo and behold it actually processed the order yet never sent any type of confirmation.  My first act was to call PayPal and I reached an agent who comprehension of the English language was limited.  It took 4x explaining the issue for her to somewhat comprehend the problem. Her response was that PayPal would handle everything.  The following day it dawned on me that I had received no confirmation number from her so I logged back into my account and found just the same information so I filed an unauthorized transaction claim.  I called back and spoke to another agent and asked if there were any notes on the file and he told me that there was a claim filed (this was AFTER I had told him I had filed a claim on line because I had no idea if the first agent followed through!)  He then told me it would be resolved in 3 business days!  (Not true - try 7-10 business days, which is the norm) The third call I spoke to a male agent who kept referring to me as "Sweetheart" and "Honey" who ultimately transferred me to the Claims department when I was finally informed of the 7-10 day time frame.  I was also told there would be no problem with my claim whatsoever.  A few days later it came back denied.  PayPal is a terrific service as long as everything goes smoothly and one does not have to deal with their customer "lack of" service.

Login to Me Too

shadowandrosie
Contributor
Contributor
I sold a coin for 1880.00 to mitsuwa89. As soon as I confirmed it was sent, he chargedback his credit card. I opened the case with paypal. They assured me they would do all they could( then proceeded to do nothing ). I sent paypal and eBay proof of five other sellers scammed by this guy. Long story short, paypal closed my case, stating several confusing reasons, will not get my money back and ignored the documentation of the scams by mitsuwa89. I was told I could sue him myself, but said I would have to supoenae for the info on the buyer. Where's all the protection I've been paying them for? Why couldn't they get my money back? They are a bank, arn't they? They can do what any bank would do to protect their customers. I think I need to sue paypal. Anyone want to join me? I know I won't use them again! I'd do better fielding bad checks than to pay them for non-existant protection. They are right about one thing---I need to be protected from scamms!! Theirs!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.