Problem with seller

sweetypie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and help advice most appreciated.  I purchase 4 items from a seller,  two pairs of pillow cases and 1 single fitted sheet and one superking size fitted sheet, the pillow cases each matched the colour of the fitted sheets.  Even though the seller offer a postage discount, due to the fact that my emails went unanswered with regards to combining postage in the end I paid full postal costs for all 4 items so was £3 out of pocket on the postage, but didnt want to wait ages before receiving the items. To be honest the saving I was making on the superking size sheet was the main reason for purchasing the other items as it was a good saving compared to high street prices.  So   I purchased the items on the 22nd January and subsequently received an email from the seller, stating that all 4 items had been despatched on the 24th January.   Then on the 25th I received an email from them around 5pm stating that the superking size sheet was not in stock and that they were refunding me the cost of that item.

I have emailed the seller to ask why did they send me an email stating that the items were despatched on the 24th but then on the 25th the main item is not in stock, and that I purchased all 4 items in good faith and would not have ordered the other items without the superking size sheet as the cost for the pillow cases and single sheet is way too expensive and please could he refund me for the lot, as I didnt believe that they had been despatched.  The seller simply sent me a message saying tough, they have been despatched.  

My question is can I refuse delivery and where do I stand with paypal for doing this,  I have filed a complaint with paypal as I am not happy at all, why are sellers allowed to advertise goods for sale and then take your money and 3 days later send you a partial refund its not fair escpecially as the pillow cases are no good without the sheet.  Any help most appreciated.

Cheers

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.