PayPal stole $47 from me... This suxs!

ZombieJesus
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal decided to steal $47.00 from me last week and I cant do anything about it. They claim that they were able to link my account to an account that was opened over 5 years ago which currently had a negative balance. HOW CONVENIENT... I've had this account for about 3 years, and now is when they are able to make this link?! This is stupid. They placed limitations on my account so I had to speak with their collections department people which don't know the first thing about customer service. They stated there was nothing I could do. There is no dispute process, no way for me to speak to anyone at the fraud department, they will not share any of the results of their investiation with me. They will not tell me what pieces of information are shared between accounts. Nothing. They just told me that if I did not pay the past due amount they would take it out of my account... and they did. Apparently $47 is more important to the company than their customers. Personally I dont care much for PayPal. 99.9% of the time I maintain a 0 balance on my account to avoid potential headaches like this one. It's to bad their is no alternative way to safely shop or sell on eBay. I'm tired of unnecessary holds on my account. BS fraud investigations. Poor... Absolutely poor customer service. I'll cross my fingers nad hope for another class action lawsuit like the one they settled out in court a few years back, I'm sure it's right around the corner. Anyway, I went directly to the Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org and filed a complaint. I will be doing the same shortly with the FTC http://www.ftc.gov as well. I'll be cancelling my account as soon as the remainder of my funds are transferred in to my bank account. I realize not everyone feels this way and for every dissatisfied customer there is one who could not be happier with the services they provide. I'm sure they won't miss my business. They have over 219,000,000 members already.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

I am going to lock this thread.  It has gotten very off topic with profanity and interpersonal disputes.  Please refer to the Forum Decorum to review the posting expectations within the PayPal Community Forums.

Please also keep the following in mind,

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

So you tried to rip Paypal off 5 years ago and they caught you.

And you have a problem with this.

Hoo-boy.

Well the guys at the BBB and FTC need a good laugh anyway, I suppose.....

Login to Me Too

ZombieJesus
Contributor
Contributor

I have been working with credit, as well as collection systems for years. I would consider myself an expert in this matter. There is no new way to track things like this, and I'm familiar with all the software out there... they are not that accurate. If they would have linked my social security number, an actual address reflected on my credit bureau, or a home number with my name on it, they would have gladly shared this information. Since what they compiled is BS they say is proprietary and will not share.  Don’t pretend you know me and don't post just to post. It's annoying... Yes! I have a problem with the fact that they are claiming they linked my account yet they will not provide details as to how they accomplished this. They will not provide any information at all. I find this strange. It's not about the money,  it’s about the inconvenience involved in resolving these matters. Is this how you got your 6920 posts? By popping up on peoples post with no useful information? Actually you probably work for the company and just attack anyone that has any complaints... This is common practice. That or you have nothing better to do with your time... and that's just sad. Good luck with that...

Login to Me Too

ZombieJesus
Contributor
Contributor

Wow... look at that... I had 2 posts before and now I have 3 just by posting useless comments.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I would consider myself an expert in this matter.

You might - it's pretty obvious to me that you don't have a clue.

Login to Me Too

ZombieJesus
Contributor
Contributor

@surplusdealdude wrote:

Again... Who the F*** are you? Nobody... Except a guy who spends to much time online?

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Zombie,

I have seen too many situations like the one you are in and sometimes people are blamed for the wrong debts, I was when Experian merged my CR with someone elses and next thing I know it was collection and lawsuit city for 2 years until it got straightened out and my life returned to normal.  My only advice for you is to stop all e-mails and calls to PP's 1800 number.  These are NOT the people you should be talking to as they will only waste your time.  There are many PP complaint websites out there which list corporate numbers for PP.  Be prepared that PP employees will never answer their direct dial but if you leave messages on at least 20-30 voice mailboxes I would assure you that an answer will be in the making.  Be sure to be polite to the person who returns your call, it's as high up the list at PP as you can get so just remain calm.  

On the downside of this, and just an FYI, if you are in the fact the person who owned the account a few years ago you could ambush yourself in collection **bleep** by basically **bleep** them off.  I've seen both sides of the table so I wish you luck and believe you could be telling the truth. 

Login to Me Too

ZombieJesus
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info Big Kahuna! That is exactly what I did. It's a shame I have to go to such lenghts to resolve such a simple mistake. Thank you for the heads up. I have resolved many issues in the past by doing what you suggested, and when you posted I decided to do it right away.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@ZombieJesus wrote:

@surplusdealdude wrote:

Again... Who the F*** are you? Nobody... Except a guy who spends to much time online?

Somebody with REAL experience that thinks you're full of BS.

Login to Me Too

ZombieJesus
Contributor
Contributor

@surplusdealdude wrote:

Somebody with REAL experience that thinks you're full of BS.

I would think that somebody with "REAL" experience like you claim to have, would have better things to do with his time than continue to post BS and fighting back and forth with someone who is trying to vent about this very real issue i had to deal with. Again... Maybe one more time will get it done. You are apparently some idiot who has nothing better to do with his time. You began attacking my post right away. Let me say it for you so you dont have to again... You think I'm full of it. But even if I was... Who are you? Why is it that you think that people care about your opinion of me in this matter? So you know, I was able to resolve this issue already. In a positive manner, and the money that was taken from me in ERROR has already been refunded to my account. Sorry... I guess youre going to have to post your useless waste of space comments on someone elses thread. Or... Here's a better idea! Just stop. Cancel your account and go away. You are useless! Get a life!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.