PayPal is Useless for Buyers

HatesRepublican
New Community Member

Ordered $500 worth of products that came in defective. Filed a dispute. Within minutes the seller refused to refund me my money. Filed a Claim with PayPal and within minutes was "resolved" by saying that they don't protect anything unless it's been damaged in shipment. **bleep**ING USELESS EBAY!!!!

Must be run by the same Republicans as the ones that **bleep**ed our country up.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Davros
Contributor
Contributor

Did you buy the items on ebay or did you buy them on a company's website directly? If it was on ebay then you would be covered if not then you have to resolve that with the company or dispute it with your credit card.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Another ignorant PP user......it is stated CLEARLY in PP's terms that intangible items are not covered yet PP must be a Republican party for listing the facts clearly and an ignorant user not reading them correct?

About the same ignorance as Clinton causing the housing market to crash 11 years after allowing changes in the stock market system which were banned after the first stock market crash and great depression but again a person is not smart enough to do their own research to figure this out right?  Why not just call PP and yell "Yes we can" into the phone to prove your point?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

But he's right about Pypal being run by Republicans.Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

mooseboots
Contributor
Contributor
Their policy may be clear, but the take-away is the same. PayPal is useless for off-eBay transactions. PayPal is a money transferring service akin to Hawala. You can send money, and you can receive money, but they're not going to get involved in the actual transaction. I've purchased well over 100 things on eBay, and I've sold over 100 things on eBay. I had 2 transactions (1 eBay and 1 off-eBay) go south. Both ended badly, with no help from PayPal. So, when I have a choice, I purchase directly with my credit card. My experience with American Express has been much better when it comes to the level of support provided when a transaction goes poorly.
Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, it's a matter of knowing what paypal can do for you and what they can't - they're very upfront about it, if you take the time to learn.

I agree about the credit card, though - you should ALWAYS pay with a credit card, even when you buy through Paypal.  It gives you an extra layer of protection.

Login to Me Too

yvetteandy
Contributor
Contributor

It's ridiculous how Paypal makes the buyer pay for shipping costs when returning an item for a refund.  Logically, the sellers should be the ones eating the shipping cost if they're sending people items that aren't even close to what the buyer purchased.  This just happened to me with an item I purchased from China.  I paid the seller for a pair of Converse All Star high-top shoes and more than one month later I received a plastic blue bracelet.  Now I must incur the cost to ship it back to China if I want my money refunded.    UNBELIEVEABLE!  You need to give your policies a once over Paypal! 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@yvetteandy wrote:

It's ridiculous how Paypal makes the buyer pay for shipping costs when returning an item for a refund.  Logically, the sellers should be the ones eating the shipping cost if they're sending people items that aren't even close to what the buyer purchased.  This just happened to me with an item I purchased from China.  I paid the seller for a pair of Converse All Star high-top shoes and more than one month later I received a plastic blue bracelet.  Now I must incur the cost to ship it back to China if I want my money refunded.    UNBELIEVEABLE!  You need to give your policies a once over Paypal! 

Buying a name brand show from China?

And expecting rto eally get one?

You must be kidding.

Login to Me Too

OldSchoolGirl
New Community Member

Just happened to me, too.I paid for an asian screen (room divider)  I wish it were a pair of shoes. I have to eat shipping charges for an item that weighs 15 pounds and is oversized. My other choice is to keep a wood screen with obviously warped wood.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Sell it as a "designer item"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.