PayPal holding my money! Can't get my wedding dress :(

itachineko

I'm so frustrated -_______-

I finally found a seller on livejournal that was selling my dream wedding dress that I've been searching for over a year. I paid her and the transaction went smootly. But 5min later I got a mail from Paypal saying my account is limited until I confirm some security steps. I've done the steps and my PayPal account is ok again, but the last transaction is stuck with reason "Inquiry by PayPal - Temporary Hold" and status "Being Reviewed By PayPal"

I've confirmed I am the owner of the account so I don't understand why it's still on hold?

I've sent mails to PayPal but no reply so far

I heard something about a 21-day hold but that's only on eBay?

I really don't want to wait anymore (payment has been on hold since 25th) and I'm in the middle of prepearing for the wedding. I also don't want the seller to have to wait that long either, if it's taking several weeks there's a risk she will find another buyer

What should I do?

Is it possible to cancel the transaction even though it's being on hold and try to pay with my bf's PayPal instead?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi itachineko, and welcome to the forums!

It sounds like the system applied some security measures because we were concerned that your recent purchase was actually made by someone else. I'm glad to hear that there was no unauthorized access and the payment was legitimate!

Typically, once the steps are completed to confirm that you are the one using the account, the payment is released very shortly thereafter and no longer held. I'm sorry to hear that there has been a delay in this action.

If the payment remains held and a few hours have passed, you can give Customer Solutions a call and ask a representative to manually review the transaction.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.