PayPal does not respect the refund policy of my business. Read this before use PayPal

FilipoII
Contributor
Contributor
I have a small company of softwares; I have 3 products that I sell on my web pages and on EBay. AutoSoft Online Small Business, AutoSoft Online Standard and AutoSoft Taller. I sell these products on my web pages www.AutoSoftShop.com, www.AutoSoftTaller.com, www.AutoSoftOnline.com, in EBay and in Amazon. I have 9 years in the business and finally I have decided not to use PayPal as payment method for my clients. The reason is simple, my programs can be used for 30 days FREE, the client can try it before buying the program. After this time the user must activate the program to continue using it, if the user is not satisfied by the program and already did the payment, the client can request a refund and we will perfectly return the money paid. We have written it in the return policy on my web page www.autosoftonline.com/store/comersus_generalConditionsWindow.asp Also, before the user can request the activation of the program from the web page, he must check a confirmation box that says: "I have tested this software in trial period and accept it "as-is". I understand that refund requests will not be considered after I click on the Activate Software License button below. I agree to the software license terms.” Only after the user checks this confirmation box, the activation request will be accepted and logically will not be considered a refund. The system will send an email to the customer with a key or activation file so that it could activate the program and could use it INDEFINITELY (for the life time). All the effort to protect my program with safety systems for the activation and the system of activation based on the web page etc. It is thrown literally to the GARBAGE by PayPal that assumes unilaterally the right to put on top there policy over the policy of my business. Many people know this, and know the PayPal weakness of granting refund of irrational decisions. These people take advantage of this to defraud me constantly placing orders, paying with PayPal, activating the program and then request a PayPal refund, which for a lot of effort that I have done trying to explain to PayPal that the customer already activated the program and that they cannot process a refund, they do not comprise this and I receipt an automatic email as answer, where it says: "We've determined that the buyer should receive to $XXX.00 USD refund if they ship the merchandise back to you. The merchandise will be in the same condition expert when the buyer received it and the buyer is responsible for all shipping and handling costs.” Obviously this email is generated by an automatic system, it was not a logical decision because I am not interested in the CD where the program is because it does not cost anything, the person already activated the program and already has the activation key, the customer could have copied the CD hundreds of times. The frustration grade is indescribable. I had a shop in EBay and I have closed it, removed all items that I had in EBay and now I see the option to only accept payments with credit cards using my own Merchant Account, I did the same on my web pages, and now I only use payments from the credit card with my own Merchant Account. I do this case public, because I do not want that the same happens to other people and I want that someone in PayPal with little intelligence knows the error on what they do on having promoted this type of swindle and especially on having believed that if they refund the money to the buyer without mattering the return policy of the companies, they are doing something positive, NO, they are promoting the swindle and doing the small businesses as mine to choose another payment option that offers better safety and that respect our return policy. Firmo Lopez CEO Santa Rita Investments Inc.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.