Pay Pal is for Buyers who LIE

missiecat
New Community Member

I sold a Cuckoo clock to some Crook who claims they did not receive it and filed a claim with Paypal and of course Paypal AUTOMATICALLY believed them and took the money out of my account and refunded to the buyer BEFORE even asking me if I had mailed it. Buyer Opted not to get insurance coverage or del. Confirmation so no tracking. What can I do to prove I sent it???

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

raidersfan12618
Contributor
Contributor

Im inclined to agree that paypals policies FAVOR the buyer in the event of a claim,Ive given this some thought and can only come up with the logical reason (WHY) if buyers dont feel like they can do what they want then paypal doesnt make the profit margin they demand,even though its the seller who spends the money on both sides of the fence ex: listing fee's,final value fee's etc.& then money transaction fee's...its almost funny to think we continue to suport our own demise!!!.....to each their own I guess....However its always worth the $.75 to put delivery confirmation on your items...although you can still lose if the buyer lies and says "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED" BECAUSE THEY WILL REFUND THEIR MONEY and all they need do is prove they sent something back to you...there is NO SELLER PROTECTION AGAINST A DISHONEST BUYER!!! hahah what a joke... GO PAYAPL...the only comfort the seller gets is that GOD WILL SORT IT ALL OUT IN THE END!!!!! Hey good Luck!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi missiecat-

Be aware that a buyer does not have an obligation to be happy with their purchase.  And that PayPal's User Agreement states that they do not give up dispute rights with their credit card company just because they paid with PayPal. 

You can see the tutorial in the Resolution Center on your account...if the buyer files a dispute, we hold the funds until the matter is sorted out.  And we also offer a Seller Protection Policy to protect sellers in the event of a dispute, but we need some documentation to do that.  One of those pieces of documentation is proof of delivery...delivery confirmation and insurance aren't for the buyer's benefit, they're for your benefit in the event that your item is damaged or lost during the delivery process. 

If you don't have proof of delivery, how do you know that this person did indeed receive the clock and it was not lost?  If the buyer disputed this charge with their credit card company, those are the questions that would be asked of us because PayPal is expected to immediately reimburse the card compnay for the amount that is returned to the buyer. If we can demonstrate the item was delivered through a tracking number, this allows us to dispute the returned funds on your behalf.

Have you considered adding one or both of those costs to your asking prices or a handling charge? 

You can review the details of the Seller Protection Policy in Section 11 of the User Agreement for future transactions. 

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.