NEED TO DISPUTE TRANSACTION PAID AS GUEST..HELP!! PLEASE BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT.

Dagian
Contributor
Contributor

I made a large purchase, $171.00, for dishes on EBay.  The seller sent me someone else's order instead and advised I should send that order back.  Seller stated he would reimburse me for shipping costs of $26.35 when he received the items back.  He signed for the delivered package on March 21, 2011 as per my signature confirmation information. 

I have not received the items I ordered.  I have not received the refund for shipping.  Seller has not responded to any of my messages to him.  The final message I sent asked that I receive a refund of all monies paid.  I fear I will never see my money or my items. 

I desperately need to get a case opened as soon as possible before I run out of time to do so.

My PayPal order number is 84768128017 which contained three sale listings of Taylor, Smith & Taylor dishware.

The incorrect order was received by me on March 18, 2011.

It was shipped back by me on March 18, 2011 as per his instructions.

He received and signed for the package at the Bear, Delaware post office on March 21, 2011.

I have left numerous messages for him through the EBay system and no responses have been received.

I requested a full refund of purchase price, original shipping and return shipping on April 1, 2011.  No response has been received.

This seller owes me a total amount of $197.35.  I would like something done about this immediately if possible.  I have tried being nice and going through the proper steps, but enough is enough and $197.35 is too much!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Dagian,

It's unfortunate that your seller hasn't issued a refund to you since the items were delivered back to them.  When you returned the items, did you get any online tracking so that you would be able to prove they had been delivered back?  This would be important if PayPal were to open a claim. 

If eBay has told you they can't file a claim on it, this tells me that the purchase wasn't made through your regular account, but through a guest checkout.  That's likely why you're having a hard time filing a dispute on it in the resolution center, as it's not tied into your regular account.

PayPal can still file a claim on it, though - just use the "Contact Us" link to give us a call.  Make sure to ask for the disputes department and have the order information available.  An agent can manually file a claim on your behalf.  You have up to 45 days from when you first sent the payment to file.

If you haven't sent a reminder to the seller yet, I would recommend doing so as well. 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

While I do not believe PP will help you recover any of the funds incurred while shipping the item back your Credit Card company should at least assist you with the original payment.  You would however need tracking to prove the package made it back to the seller when you call the claims dispute to start a chargeback.  I typically hate stating "file a chargeback" but in this case it's your only option.  

The bright side is if your chargeback is successful at least he will have to eat a $30 chargeback fee from PP.  While you won't see this money you can at least know he did not get away scott free from trying to rip you off.

BK

Login to Me Too

Dagian
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: EBay says I can't file a claim with them and must file with PayPal.  PayPal won't allow me to file a claim, though I don't know why.  But they do wish me good luck and encourage me to further communicate with the seller who is not communicating with me and hasn't since I paid to ship back the items that weren't mine.

Does anyone perhaps have a link I could click to get help from the Easter Bunny or Tinkerbell? I'm begining to think they are all I have left. 

I've enjoyed PayPal so much and love EBay.  In the immortal words of Penelope Garcia, "this is seriously impairing my ability to giggle."

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Dagian,

It's unfortunate that your seller hasn't issued a refund to you since the items were delivered back to them.  When you returned the items, did you get any online tracking so that you would be able to prove they had been delivered back?  This would be important if PayPal were to open a claim. 

If eBay has told you they can't file a claim on it, this tells me that the purchase wasn't made through your regular account, but through a guest checkout.  That's likely why you're having a hard time filing a dispute on it in the resolution center, as it's not tied into your regular account.

PayPal can still file a claim on it, though - just use the "Contact Us" link to give us a call.  Make sure to ask for the disputes department and have the order information available.  An agent can manually file a claim on your behalf.  You have up to 45 days from when you first sent the payment to file.

If you haven't sent a reminder to the seller yet, I would recommend doing so as well. 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Dagian
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response!  Yes, I have the tracking information for the returned package as shown below:

Ship Date:  3/18

Included Insurance and Signature Confirmation

Total Shipping Cost $26.35

Label/Receipt Number: (Number Removed)

Class: Package Services
Service(s): Signature Confirmation™/Insured

Detailed Results:

Delivered, March 21, 2011, 5:33 pm, BEAR, DE 19701

Notice Left, March 21, 2011, 2:27 pm, BEAR, DE 19701

Out for Delivery, March 21, 2011, 11:10 am, BEAR, DE 19701

Sorting Complete, March 21, 2011, 11:00 am, BEAR, DE 19701

Arrival at Post Office, March 21, 2011, 9:41 am, BEAR, DE 19701

Also it seems I'm not the only buyer getting the bum's rush from this guy.  I took a peek at his feedback and there is another buyer with a problem who cannot get him to respond.  That feedback was added after mine.

Login to Me Too

Dagian
Contributor
Contributor
Two more negative feedbacks have shown up for this guy today. It looks like he has been very busy ripping people off lately. Gonna call PP customer support to see what can be done that way. Keep your fingers crossed.
Login to Me Too

Dagian
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for your response on this Adrian.  I just finished my phone call with PayPal customer service and a claim has been filed.  Hopefully I will get my refund or promised items now.  Thanks again. Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Dagian,

Thank you for coming back to let us know! Adrian's pretty awesome, right? 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Dagian
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you PayPal! Customer service set up my claim manually and I have received a refund of the purchase amount and the shipping that I paid.  I am so glad this board exists and that there are those of you who take your work here seriously.  Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.