Item Never Arrived

chowchig
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an eletronic device from someone off of ioffer, and it was shipped like Feb. 12th.  So, it's April 23rd  and it still hasn't arrived, will I ever be able to report this to paypal as a lost package?

(The shipping tracker says it arrived in the U.S. Feb14th, but it has been in Delivery for about 2 months.)

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Andy

chowchig- Sorry to hear that you've been having problems with receiving your item.  Considering the timeframes involved, it would be too late to file and successfully win a dispute.  We can certainly file for you, but would not be able to recover your money for you. 😞

Your best bet at this point is to either get in touch with the shipper to see where the item has been delivering for the past 2 months, or contact your funding source to see what your options are there.

Andy

Login to Me Too

chowchig
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I already filed a dispute, but paypal told me to wait until the item arrived.

I also told them if they could keep the case open for a while to prove that it wouldn't arrive but they wouldn't...

I looked on intmail.com and used my tracking number (RA040997805CN)

and it has been in the U.S. for a while now.

Also the Seller has already abandoned his account on iOffer since like 2/34/11.

iOffer, a few days ago, gave me a warning that he may be a fraudulent seller. Would I be able to use that in anyway to help my dispute?

Anyways, there is no way to get my item/money now? All because paypal's time limit expired, even though I opened the dispute and told them that the item had not arrived, and that the time frame was close to being closed?

The Seller also, does not even seem to care about contacting me. Heck, he did not even reply to the dispute, and yet paypal still favored him!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Well chowchig, if intmail.com is saying the item is in the US, then you would probably wanna speak with them in depth as to where in the US it is if you don't have it. 

Not knowing the specifics of your dispute, we may have closed it after a while if there's no movement on the tracking.  Sometimes that means the item has been lost and you would have to work with the shipper to file a lost item claim (or whatever their equivalent is) to recover your money  that way. 

And as I wrote earlier, you can always get in touch with your funding source and see if they have any options you can pursue.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.