Is now the time to dispute? Please help

vziera
Contributor
Contributor

I have bought something of someone who was listing an item on ebay auctions and I had offered him a buy it now price and he accepted it and removed the auction. The guy was so charming, he said in ebay message that he's going to relist the item as a BuyItNow in minute and wanting me to watch out for the newly listed. Nine minutes later, the guy confirmed me through ebay message that he's unable to relist the item for some reasons it would need to tax his card with price and as long as he didn't have one registered anymore on his paypal account even is loaded with funds they cant receive payment directly from his balance and they dont allow him to put the option and then he said that the other options are for me to send him money on trust but for him it's unacceptable, he firmed. Feeling convinced, comfortable and unable to hold my desire of the item he's offering, I then sent my money without much hesitation and he afterward confirmed that he just received the money and would ship the item to my paypal address within 24 hours via a registered standard airmail with no tracking number but is insurance covered as agreed and would take at least 5-6 days to arrive, he told. There were still communications between us for three days after the payment and were fully done via ebay direct message while I thought that everything would be fully logged/recorded so long as we do it using ebay options. It's now been a week since he stopped replying my messages and now am starting to worry and get depressed about losing my $735 in vain. If it matters, The payment was on 20th August, the shipping started on 21st, and the last communication was on 25th. The item should has arrived since 27th but the head post office recently told me that there's no package with such a name and address like mine today 😞

He hasn't replied my message for more than a week and paypal is likely not holding the funds until the item arrives if it's outside the ebay. Am afraid if it turns out he's a scammer, so tell me forum, Is now the time to dispute?

sorry for my poor english.

thanks,

mrk

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

They usually just send an email.

Login to Me Too

vziera
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Markus Himawan,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $735,00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you.  Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

YAY but also Argh! at the same time

The Argh! is that in fact, I should have no more credit debts since I already fully paid everything off directly through my bank yesterday but why is there still a part of my coming-home funds reversed to my credit card?

what do I do?

thanks,

mrk

Login to Me Too

vziera
Contributor
Contributor
bump? tahks, mrk
Login to Me Too
Solved

vziera
Contributor
Contributor

Yay Everything is now back in my grasp completely 100% intact!!

Thanks ever so much to God, superdealsdude, and everybody else for the great help!

I wish your contributions would soon bear fruit that make you happy!

best regards,

mrk

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi vziera,

I'm really glad it worked out for you!

Thank you also to surplusdealdude for the great advice given throughout. Patient waiting is tough during a dispute, but you helped set vziera's mind at ease. Thanks!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.