How long must I wait for Paypal to resolve a dispute?

d-ttrain
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on EBay, shipped it using USPS though my ad stated I would ship UPS. My buyer went ballistic, filed a claim with Paypal to hold the funds. I responded with the tracking number. The package was delivered last friday and when I review the open dispute it still says "paypal is reviewing". So I assume eventually Paypal will get off their **bleep** and see that it's been a week since I provided them with the proof of delivery and that they need to resolve this dispute once and for all. My question is, after I have posted 3 notes over the past week to be sent to Paypal to help them resolve the dispute I am not getting any sign that there is life at Paypal and that they are doing a **bleep** thing except holding my money and letting my buyer keep his item for free. We're talking $200 here and I need the money. How can I get Paypal's attention to let them know they need to do something to resolve this??

So much for Paypal's seller protection.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

DaveDLM

I feel for you, wish i could give you am answer...this is becoming very common withpaypal, your frozen funds generate income for paypal....your will eventually have them unfroze but in the mean time paypal must make money.

Unfortunate......it is at the sellers and buyers expense my buyers are complaining as well.

Try closing your account.....today I tried and it does not work online, called ben at customer service and he said he had no way possible to close my account for 180 days but he would escalate the site issue......

Again, paypal customers....buyers and sellers getting **bleep**ed int he name of paypal/ebay corp profits.

Run don\'t walk and good luck my friend

Login to Me Too

jwils43
Contributor
Contributor

Probably people's first mistake is dealing with people overseas.  It could be just like throwing your money away. Keep it in the USA where we at least have a small chance of catching fraudsters.  Sometimes you just have to take control yourself rather than asking someone for help after you've been stung.

Login to Me Too

SidecarFlip
Contributor
Contributor

@jwils43 wrote:

Probably people's first mistake is dealing with people overseas.  It could be just like throwing your money away. Keep it in the USA where we at least have a small chance of catching fraudsters.  Sometimes you just have to take control yourself rather than asking someone for help after you've been stung.

Interesting comment in as much as about 30% of my total business is off shore and interestingly, I've never had a problem with any of my customers anywhere and that includes Taiwan and Italy.

One very nice thing about Pay-Pal is the ability to convert foreign currency instantly to USD.  I don't need to fiddle with bank conversion or accepting foreign denominated checks or other instruments...and my bank don't either.

Login to Me Too

bitzygirl

If someone doesn't pay me within 7 days, I always receive a notice to file. Once filed it takes about another 4 to 5 days to receive a refund. Never have I had a problem with PayPal reimbursing me my money. You people must be doing something wrong.

Login to Me Too

Bware

Beware !!!

ebay member floodland676 took my money. unable to file because it has been after 45days. below is paypal contact

info. probabily fake though, like the location given for israel.

varda schvartz

fireandice389@walla

Login to Me Too

be prepared for a very long wait and don't be surprised if they keep asking you for new proofs and then when you send them tell you your proof/evidence etc is not acceptable-because they make the rules and you live in their world.I bought a misdescribed item,returned it after pp told me to and then didn,t get a refund .pp told me to go the citzens advice bureau-after they had taken my money

Login to Me Too

dburton1

Pay pal will always lean to the buyer. The dot care about the seller. Good luck

Login to Me Too

1JayShay
Contributor
Contributor

I also am waiting on PayPal to resolve a dispute. This Ebayer ( who was new and only had 2 feedbacks) purchased my item on a Saturday night. Of course Post Office is closed on Sunday and Monday was Presidents Day so closed again, so I shipped item out with tracking number 1st available day, Tues 2/22/11, and Wednesday buyer opened a dispute. Since then Buyer has received product and even left positive feedback but PayPal has not made any restitution. I provided them with tracking # as well as info above and here I wait. What does it take PayPal?

Login to Me Too

www_cymru_me
New Community Member

unfortunately i have been in exact same position before, paypal held my money for 21 days but said they would be quicker if i recieved good feedback, as usual, buyer left no feedback and i waited 21 days but atleast no feedback is better than bad feedback, hope that helps )

It Support Cardiff

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

I have been using paypal to both buy and sell for many years, I have always had helpful reps (english speaking for those of you making comments) and even when a buyer tried to scam me (I have had this happen twice) paypal always looks into the problem and has been very helpful.  I have one dispute now that paypal released the funds to me and is still trying to get the money from the buyer.  BUT I do always follow up promptly, I only ship to the confirmed paypal address so I have seller protection, and when I don't see immediate results I pick up the phone and call paypal.  Good Luck everyone!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.