How long could it possibly take to review a disputed claim??

powwowbaby09
New Community Member

I purchased a video game on ebay from someone in China on Nov. 25, 2011.  Granted, I did not know this person was in China until I had already completed the transaction, as his location was not on his ebay seller profile.  There was a USPS tracking number given, but the last notation listed on the USPS tracking site was in Jamaica, NY on Dec. 12, 2011.  I waited a couple weeks, still received nothing in the mail.  Tried contacting the seller, got no response.  Was told I would have to file a dispute claim with Paypal, and I did that on Dec. 27, 2011.  Dec 30th rolls around and I am informed that my case is under review by Paypal, and that they would let me know something by January 16, 2012.  January 16th comes and I receive this email from Paypal, "It's taking a little longer than we expected to reach a decision. We're actively working on your case and will notify you on the next steps as soon as possible."  It's been 2 WEEKS since I got that email.  How long could it possibly take to review a claim that OBVIOUSLY shows I did not receive the game I bought?!  For crying out loud, I live in TENNESSEE....NOT Jamaica, NY!  Paypal needs to get on the ball, get their heads out of their rear ends and quit fiddlefarting around with my claim.  It's been over a month since I filed my claim, and over 2 months since I purchased the stinkin' item.  What the heck?!  It doesn't take a month to do a little research!  Geeeeezzzz!

Has anybody had a similar problem with Paypal taking their sweet time on a dispute claim like this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

xmdude626
Contributor
Contributor

yeah they sure do take their sweet time.  Best bet it to just call them by phone

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.