HOW YOU GET CHEATED BY PAYPAL AND EBAY

shizOneebaayy
Contributor
Contributor

Once up on a time I sold an item, The buyer first said ehe did not get it and then he looked like a dam fool when i had the tracking number and  provided it to ebay who then sent it to him.  Then the buyer told me that the item i sent in the picture was opened and it was not i shipped it my self and said send it back and you can have your money back but ebay took my money out of my paypal account without asking and gave it back which accouding to federal laws is considered stealing.  Now paypal thinks they are so big they can steal any time andmake a decision without being a federal judge or state judge.  Now I am out my item which pay pal sould pay for or return my item or my money.  This is a huge scam they have going to steal from honest people its not  helping to steal and not give back the item.  I plan on sending a copy of the letters and email sent to me from pay pal and the buyer and his address is on the emials and I am going to send copys to washington d.c. to show how they stole from my account which is considered a federal bank reserve account and it says it is backed my the gov.  Now with this in mind it is positive proof that you violated the law "ie paypal" and its not right. 

THANK YOU 

R LANE      

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

ChrissyOhio
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened to me, and I believe the two are involved in a conscious scamming operation. I am seeking others to form a class action suit. If there is anyone who has been a victim of the EBay/PayPal scam, please message us back.

Login to Me Too

rmphoto

I have been cheated too!!! The buyer will now get there merchandise AND their money! This is ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

rogerhayley
New Community Member

ChrissyOhio
Contributor
Contributor

OK, everyone, there are now a few class action cases pending against EBay and PayPal, but each of them is for a different infraction: "PayPal holds funds for 180 days", a violation of the Electronic Funds Transfer Act,  "PayPal reverses payment due to non-delivery of item even though seller has postal proof and signature that item was deliveed", etc.

We are specifically filing a suit against EBay for removing funds fom PayPal and against PayPal for paying the amount to EBay even though the amount was disputed by seller and concrete proof exists that funds should not have been removed, resolving in EBay's favor, and a collusion by EBay and PayPal in a conscious attempt to defraud its members.

DO THIS: Google Class Action Suit EBay and PayPal

and look to see if you fall into one or more of the categories of suits. Lawyers are looking for victims to make themselves known, so contact them and get on the list. Become involved by doing this and it will help all victims, including yourself.

Login to Me Too

becky01834
New Community Member

I agree

I have had the same situation happen to me.  A customer of mine decided she didn't want my item anymore.  She knew I have a very strict no refund policy on custom orders.  Well, she wanted to return it anyway, so Paypal took the money out of my account, and has it placed on hold now, because she has claimed she did not receive it.  It's ridiculous.  I have the proof of sending .. I feel completely unprotected as a seller on Paypal because now I know anyone can just claim they never received an item, and send it back.. not happy.

Login to Me Too

putterman337
Contributor
Contributor

I dont know about anyone else but it seems if your a scammer you always come out ahead on this system.

I actually am on both ends.  I have a seller's account for my business and I buy stuff with my personal account.  I recently got burned as a buyer and the package was tracked as delivered but I DO not have the package to show for it.  There is no signature nada because its a plain ol 1st class peice of mail.

Anyhow the other weird thing is the seller has other negative feedbacks (which i forgot to check before sale) and quickly realized that in 3 other instances the buyer did not receieve their item (exactly same item by the way weird)  and they all track delievered as well.

The seller got the money and usually a good seller will help the buyer in some way shape or form....maybe by trying to call the USPS on behalf of the buyer to track down the package...afterall the seller just purchased the shipping and technically it didnt get there even though it tracks as such.  I know I would help if this really did happen.  I have also had people claim weird things too and have been scammed as a seller as well.

The lesson here....You want something to go in your favor....be a scammer.

Thanks a bunch for listing the search for getting in touch with lawyers i know i am going to try contacting them.

They dont have any proof my item was actually delivered...no signature...nothing.  I did however pay out to paypal and have no item to show for it.  Buyer protection is a fruad.  Its smoke and mirrors.

Login to Me Too

chipsdigital
Contributor
Contributor

Here's a thought. .  why cant we just file criminal charges with the San Jose Police Dept???    I mean, I have had nearly 4K held for 3 months, and a 2,500 min reserve for TWO years. 

They clearly have no intention of giving it back.  We as citizens would get many, many years in prision for doing something only 1/2 as serious.

I have filed for small claims, but what they are doing  is criminal activity

I am not just being scarcastic, I think people should do this.   I am

Login to Me Too

ChrissyOhio
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmm. or the District Attorney is probably the person to report to.I would do that right away, as a class action suit could take so long, PayPal could file chapter 11 or 13 and be gone, along with your money.

That's a lot of money, and multiply it by millions of people who are getting the same shaft... and they are making interest on it all, so no wonder they don't want to part with it.

I hear that Chase has a new storefront that is like PayPal, except the money goes diretly into YOUR bank account. I am looking into it.

Login to Me Too

teasame
Contributor
Contributor

Look there are multiple problems here: In the old days ("old days") it could take a week for a check to clear, at this point i've been waiting almost five days to receive payment in the paypal account for an echeck...now i don't know about you but when i buy something my account is Instantly debited. 

THEN it takes ebay/paypal three days to deposit into my bank account. What the heck is going on except using "other people's money to make interest on" via these molasses payments after we sell.

Secondly, i had a negative review from a buyer who wanted one hundred dollars back on an item that he said had a problem. the item was found hundred dollars and what he was addressing, if true, would have cost three bucks to fix. paypal found in my favor but let his negative review of me stand. that is wrong!!  he was a scammer and a liar. so, ebay should have cleared my name after finding in my favor. 

i'm not sure how long paypal can last if they act like this. there ishonesty and there is honor in the world so act like it.

and these lengthy holding of OUR monies is a violation of the anti-scame acts.we don't agree to let non-interest bearing accounts hold our funds while they use them. this has gotta stop.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.