[HELP] Buyer took my $539.99 and iPhone 4. Paypal says they have no control over it

seanabis
Contributor
Contributor

Timeline:

On Apr 28, 2011, iPhone 4 was sold to buyer, Jefferey <removed> at $539.99.  On Jun 11, 2011, buyer first contacts and complains that the phone has bad ESN.On Jun 29, 2011, buyer files chargeback with his credit card company for item as not described (bad ESN).On Jul 19, 2011, paypal favors on buyer, releases $539.99 to buyer and took $20.00 of fee (chargeback settlement).On Jul 19, 2011, paypal notifies me that I am not getting my item back nor do I get refund for any of charged amount.URL of the result:

<removed>

Highlight of this dispute:

1.  I have sold total of 8 identical iPhones this year, and had no complaints regarding bad ESN.

2. Buyer purchased another iPhone Jun 18, 2011 from other seller (as seen from his feedback history) for $539.99.

URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280697982046#ht_1043wt_1270

3. Buyer takes my money ($539.99) and gets to keep my iPhone 4 too!

4. With telephone call with Paypal, they said "we worked for you to fight against this chargeback," but Paypal did not even ask for any other details (photo-and-video documented evidences, ESN number, etc) to prove the item I sent was legitimate and exactly as described.

What do I do next????????????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

bluntmanchronic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You come away from the fiasco with a better understanding of how paypal works, you learn from your mistakes and if you find it worthwhile you take the buyer to small claims court.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.