Does paypal have the right to take money out of my bank account?

xoiyvnex
Contributor
Contributor

I want to know all that paypal has rights to. If a customer wants a refund and my PP account balance is empty, will paypal have the right to take money out of my bank account even without my permission?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You gave paypal the right to when you opened your account.

Login to Me Too

xoiyvnex
Contributor
Contributor

oh okay. Thanks I understand fully now. If I delete my account, will they still have the right to do that?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

xoiyvnex
Contributor
Contributor

how so, though?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Because you cn't close your account with a negative balance in it or with pending charges to it.

Login to Me Too

xoiyvnex
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I understand that I can't close my accoun to avoid fees and chargebacks. I'm going to delete my paypal account soon. But I had an onlin store which I recently closed because we're sold out. Anyways, let's say I close my account today and a customer of mine file a complaint and asks for a refund. She contacts her credit card company and the company contacts paypal. Will they be able to take funds out of my account then. Even if when I closed my account, I didn't owe any money. Will they be able to charge money from my bank account then?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I think there's a waiting period before you can close your account, something like 90 days.  If a dispute comes in, you're still on the hook.

Login to Me Too

xoiyvnex
Contributor
Contributor

Oh okay, Thank you so much for your informative answers. I just have one more question. I want to delete my old bank account and put in my new one. Does paypal save my old bank account informations? Thank you for all your answers.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, they do.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.