Do I file a dispute? or not?

terichris
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a product on iOffer on Sept 21.  It arrived late, and was missing a very small but necessary part. I don't believe it was the sellers fault, just an oversight.  I thought it could be fixed, but my shoe repair man said it was just too small - needed the manufacturer to put the part together.  I spent $120 on the item.  $35 to return it.  The seller said he will refund the shipping and send me a new item when it is received. (in China)

My problem is that it is now nearing the 45 day period for filing a dispute.  I have no reason to believe all will not happen as planned.  If it doesn't however, I will be out BIG!  What do I do?  iOffer's dispute period is 60 days, but they do not control the purse strings!

Suggestions?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

terichris
Contributor
Contributor

Does a vendor get penalized if a dispute is filed?  Can I stop the dispute when I receive the item and the refund for the postage?

Login to Me Too

arsgrabba
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal only provides lip service to disputes, but that is better than nothing. But if you file a claim they most likely will close it immediatly with the response:   the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
    does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
    received.

So if you have the seller working with you , you might want to keep that ball rolling . Otherwise paypal is no help, particularily if they are a major seller on ebay. So to keep things going, file a dispute, but only file a claim after all else has failed, and with the expectation that nothing more will be done.

Login to Me Too

terichris
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute and told the seller I did it to protect myself.  It was the last day possible. The seller has received my item back and says he will issue the refund immediately as soon as I cancel the dispute. Says he cannot use the money until I cancel the dispute.  I think I should wait until I get the item and then cancel the dispute.  If he doesn't send it then I don't have any recourse. 

Please help, someone, anyone, with experience and knowledge of the rules.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

liuchess
Contributor
Contributor

The seller is lying. They can always issue a refund for a dispute.

Login to Me Too

terichris
Contributor
Contributor

The seller got my return.  I asked for another item they sell that was the value of the shipping (good deal for him) to be sent along with my replacement instead of the shipping refund.  I have not cancelled the claim and will not until I get the new merchandise.  I think I have an honest seller but you can never be sure.  I am new to iOffer.  I am a huge fan of Ebay.  I think I will stick with Ebay in the future. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.