Dispute With Seller

amk23
New Community Member

I recently ordered a something that does not work, and filled out an RMA form (to get a refund number) and they did not reply. Even when I filed again a few days later to the same problem. I've tried to contact them to no avail. How do I open a dispute with them?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ErickTheRed
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, to open a dispute head over to the resolution center at paypal, you will see a box that says "Report a problem" click there, then select item dispute, after that you will be asked to enter the transaction id, provide it , you may add additional info and your dispute will be filed.

P.S. If the dispute process still doesn´t fix your problem, escalate it to a claim so that paypal will directly intervene.

Hope it helps

CheersSmiley Wink

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

ErickTheRed
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, to open a dispute head over to the resolution center at paypal, you will see a box that says "Report a problem" click there, then select item dispute, after that you will be asked to enter the transaction id, provide it , you may add additional info and your dispute will be filed.

P.S. If the dispute process still doesn´t fix your problem, escalate it to a claim so that paypal will directly intervene.

Hope it helps

CheersSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

ErickTheRed,

Thanks so your helpful posts on the boards!  🙂 

Lilly

Login to Me Too

simonjoy
Contributor
Contributor

paypal has granted me a refund if i send the item back but the seller won't give me her address and is saying she won't sign for it what do i do?

Login to Me Too

LadyValxo
New Community Member

Hello Everyone.......... I buy things on E-bay all the time BUT the other nite I BID on & "WON" several small items from a SELLER... It was close to Midnite but I PAID for my auction items thru Pay Pal & went to bed... The next morning I checked the site & discovered the PENDING hourglass staring at me instead of the usual $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

So I decided to send the SELLER an e-mail..It came back as Invalid address !! I tried a couple different methods to contact the SELLER. I got "UNREGISTERED" status.I checked my PayPal account & got Unclaimed !! The SELLER has listed NEW items in the last couple days but I still can't reach him. My Bank has withdrawn the $$$ from my account.

Will I ever get the items I WON ?? I would prefer  the items than a REFUND...Thanx

Login to Me Too

agtw31
Contributor
Contributor

cancel the payment,since it was unclaimed.

Login to Me Too

katification

im in the middle of a claim...after receiving the item i plugged it in (ps2 slim) tried each game that came with it and dvds and music cds and nothing would work so i even tried a disc cleaner disc. nothing woudl read. i put a note on the completed item that it wouldnt read any disc. then i filed a dispute. the seller sent me a couple messages while i was surfing for a new item and ways to troubleshoot the system becoming very impatient and accusing me of being a scammer. i replied the same could be said of them. they accused me of lying that the system does work. i said well if it does work tell me how to make it work and they said they couldnt help. then without telling me escalated the dispute to a claim while demanding that i return the item.. I checked the claim details and they offered me a partial refund of one penny respectively haha....one question i had was:.is it customary to just return the item or do you wait for the refund?

Login to Me Too

fire15650
Contributor
Contributor

Keep us posted on the result of this claim, from our experience paypal does absolutely nothing to solve cases, lets see if this has any different outcome.

Login to Me Too

birdy
New Community Member

I opened a dispute with paypal because I did not receive my shoes from the seller.  Paypal responded by saying that the seller had provided proof of shipment.  The scam with this company is that you order the shoes, they take your money and then they ship you a cheap mouse pad and not the merchandise you purchased; and when they are confronted by paypal they show proof that they shipped your merchandise but it was only the mouse pad they shipped and not what you ordered.  What a ripoff!  Paypal closed the dispute and told me to work with the seller who I have emailed and and of course won't respond.  No help from Paypal so beware that even though they provide a secure transaction it doesn't mean that you are dealing with reputable sellers.  Really disappointed in them!!!. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.