Dispute Closed of Chargeback by PayPal, after they told not to do anything...

Ahsan_Qureshi
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal I had done a Chargeback due to not receiving an item, I had so much evidence  that I provided to my card company, they gave me my 50 dollars back after a months work of case with them, I still had like 10+ dollars from PayPal balance that was used in the purchase order, The dispute was automatically opened due to me doing a chargeback, PayPal, you have told me to not to do anything while this was occurring, at that time the status was "Waiting for seller's response" which never happened obviously... then my dispute was closed after a couple of days, what the **bleep** is going on, I did not even see any option to post evidence or files or something until the **bleep** dispute was closed, all the directions kept telling me to do nothing, Why did you just take my money and *run. I demand answer from people who know about this problem, PayPal don't come with bs answers to my question. You have been very loyal to me and I respect that, but I need this resolved!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Ahsan_Qureshi,

I'd be happy to clarify any confusion between disputes and chargebacks.

When you file a chargeback with your credit card company, you are opting to pursue recovery through the credit card company's protection instead of through PayPal's Purchase Protection. Filing a chargeback automatically closes a PayPal dispute or buyer complaint, and stops PayPal's ability to provide a path to resolution through the dispute process for any part of the transaction.

You can find lots of information about the Purchase Protection that PayPal offers to you in the PayPal User Agreement.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Ahsan_Qureshi
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that I did not do the dispute via PayPal, The reason was because the seller had asked me to send payment  as "Gift" to avoid future refunds or disputes... As you can see there arn't many options to go from there, I had tried to contact the seller for months, no response, my card company tried this case and told me they could not get hold of the seller and were going to do a chargeback. I had provided my company with many evidences for my claim, it took a month at least to get my money back that went from the card, Obviously  if sent by "Gift" it's kind a considered a charity or a type of donation, but as you know there is no telling to what a seller can do to scam... Now I don't mind that I lost my remaining money from you, I hate the fact that there are limited option to doing filing a dispute from certain options you choose. Also to clarify, your PayPal User Agreement you posted for "Sellers" it says what a seller should do, My dispute showed up as Item not received, and I never received it, Everything on that agreement is correct but when you say that "You can find lots of information about the Purchase Protection that PayPal offers to you in the PayPal User Agreement." What info? There's limited purchase protection that PayPal offers, had I not done a chargeback, I  would've done a dispute with a option for "Gift" Disputes for impropper or scam, thus this "Purchase Protection" would've helped, Don't we as PayPal users have the right to dispute a case if evidence is provided? I'm sorry to say this but the User agreement basically favors the Seller, I don't think a buyer is "protected". I have evidence, yet I was scammed and I never received my money from you only because I didn't do a dispute from PayPal and there was no option for it? Makes no sense to me when you come posting User Agreements to me and Protection agreements when none of that was given to me, there is nothing for a protection to a buyer, only the fact for certain payments. Hope this wasn't any disrespect you any of you, your service is amazing, you do a good job, just saying what I think should respectively happen.

Thanks for your generious time to answer my questions.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Ahsan_Qureshi,

Oops! You're right, I posted the incorrect link. I intended to use the link for section 13. PayPal Purchase Protection. This link does lead to the information about the Purchase Protection available for buyers, and the limitations thereof. This is also available by clicking Legal Agreements at the bottom of any PayPal page.

The section linked above explains what's covered and what's not, and what to expect from the dispute process. For tangible items, PayPal is able to offer protection because we expect the seller to furnish proof of delivery upon request. For items that are not covered (like gifts and personal transfers, intangible items, service payments, etc.) PayPal is not in a position to be able to request such proof, so the sender has to determine whether or not he wants to proceed with the transaction at his own risk.

As a buyer, the best way to protect yourself is to make sure that you're designating the payment as being for goods if physical goods are being purchased. In that way, the expectation is established at the start of the transaction that we can expect tracking from the seller in the event something goes wrong.

As to the last part, I don't think you were disrespectful at all, and I appreciate the feedback about your frustration just as much as your compliments about  our service under other circumstances. I wish you the absolute best in your future transactions!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.