DC Confirmed Delivery to Buyer's Confirmed Address - Buyer Filed INR

TheNiceOne
Contributor
Contributor

After reading about similar situations, I'm still unclear where PP stands in these types of situations.

Buyer made purchase of $50 (including shipping) on 9/20. I shipped package with Delivery Confirmation to the "Confirmed Address" on 9/22.

1st week of Oct., buyer informed me they did not receive item. I checked the DC number and it confirmed delivery to same zip code as address on 9/29 at 11am. It actually had a very extensive tracking history as it was going cross-country (East Coast, US to West Coast, US). Buyer also stated she checked with the "neigbors" but made no mention that he/she contacted USPS.

I informed Buyer that I would contact USPS in trying to help get to the bottom of this situation. Assumed buyer lived in a apartment building (from the address) and suggested that maybe package was delivered to the right address but wrong "suite" number/letter and they should check with all tenants of building.

I received a one line message from buyer stating they did not live in apartments but it was actually their spouse's workplace in a business park. "Confirmed" workplace address?

After re-reading all the messages from Buyer, it is clear they only wanted a refund and didn't need nor want help in finding the package if it was lost or stolen. Buyer was completely opposed to calling USPS from the beginning.

Buyer filed an INR after I told them I wouldn't help search for it anymore if they weren't willing to help.

What am I supposed to do? What will be the outcome? It was confirmed that it was delivered. I feel the Buyer wasn't willing to even look for the package, assuming, of course, I belive them when they said they didn't get it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.