Counterfiet NHL Jerseys returned and no Paypal refund

brucelebel
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased 3 Jerseys from a company in China and only recieved 2. Contacted seller and he asked me for my order number. Told him You never sent me an order number and this went in circles for a few emails after that. Came to find out the Jerseys are counterfiet so I returned them asking for a refund. Seller did not respond. Opened paypal dispuite 2 months ago and paypal seems to be hung up on reviewing the case. Maybe the Federal Gvt. should get involved since the Jerseys are fake?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

brucelebel
Contributor
Contributor

After reading Paypals email to me I almost died laughing. They wanted me to fax a copy of a police report before they would refund me. I agree with using a credit card but the default setup is thier credit and you CANNOT change this. Avoid using them at all costs! Epay has become somewhat of a joke to me now after many years. Thanks for your response!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

brucelebel
Contributor
Contributor

Out of the blue after posting this Paypal responded!!!! Coincidence? I think not. Now they want documents I do not have and in forms I do not have. Seller wins this time!!! I'm out 127.00 dollars and at this point I could care less. Paypal is a friggin joke............Avoid using them as I will and avoid www.nhlbuy.com as they deal in counterfiet Jerseys and will not always fill your order but will charge you the full amount. Paypal knows this and encourages them to do so. If there were a way to change my default payment to a card other than paypal because they really **bleep** as of late.Smiley Mad

Next time I'll go to the Feds.

Login to Me Too

bvaz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry this happened to you, I'm new in this paypal community but I read this a lot, chinese sellers taking advantage of paypal and american customers,

please beware of this people, I learn by experience now.

when you are in a website check all the links like the one on the page you make reference, I see Mcafee trust sign but is not working, tha'ts mean this place is not trustable, we need to check all this before to place an order from this people.

They are using paypal to steal money from people, and we let them because we are buying from them without checking all this links before to place and order. When you see Mcafee secure sign you have to check if is a working link , if the site was certificated by Mcafee should show the name of the company and today's date, but is not working this have to be the WARNING sign to leave that website and NOT make and order from there.

http://www.nhlbuy.com/

nhlbuy.PNG

Login to Me Too

bvaz
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I forgot to add something.

If you fund paypal with your credit card, call your credit card company and make a claim with them, they will charge you a fee for the chargeback service, but at least you don't loose all your money.

Login to Me Too
Solved

brucelebel
Contributor
Contributor

After reading Paypals email to me I almost died laughing. They wanted me to fax a copy of a police report before they would refund me. I agree with using a credit card but the default setup is thier credit and you CANNOT change this. Avoid using them at all costs! Epay has become somewhat of a joke to me now after many years. Thanks for your response!

Login to Me Too

brucelebel
Contributor
Contributor

If you look at the bottom of www.nhlbuy.com page you will see that they are PAYPAL VERIFIED. I'm pretty shocked that the paypal logo appears on a site that deals in counterfiet clothing. Last I heard the FBI were investigating and closing down these dealers. The FBI? PAYPAL? Counterfiet? My last comment................and last transaction for sure!

Login to Me Too

anicemess

I have been using Paypal since they created it and I have had very very few problems when the procedure is followed correctly.  If I read your post right, you returned the items and then filed a dispute but that is not the right way to do it.  Anytime you have a problem as a buyer or seller, you don't do anything before opening a dispute.  Actually, when the buyer is in the States, contacting them is the very first thing you do.

When you open a dispute, paypal will tell you what to do step by step.  As you follow these steps, they can keep track of the dispute and render judgement.  The main thing is that you have to prove that you sent the item back to the seller.  That is the first thing they look for.  Without proof, your chances of getting your money back are slim.

Now you should CALL ebay on the phone, not paypal, call ebay and ask them what to do about reporting this member.  You must report him for stealing your money first.  If he gets enough complaints, he gets suspended or kicked out of ebay.  Then you must report the counterfeit goods.  Go to the resolution section and do it right away.

Login to Me Too

Gamblynwomyn
New Community Member

I too have been using Paypal since BEFORE Ebay bought it and have had few problems for the amount of transactions I complete.  HOWEVER, Ebay and Paypal want sellers to ship quickly then a week or two after the item is received a dispute can be opened by the buyers bank.  Paypal supposedly "reviews" these completed transactions and hold the sellers money for a month or so - usually until the seller complains about the delay.  What the heck needs to be reviewed when the item has clearly been shipped and received (Tracking info is in the listing) - and in most cases the buyer already left excellent feedback?  If sellers took a month to ship items Ebay wouldn't exist!!!  

There is NO EXCUSE for the pathetic way sellers are treated by Paypal: ie. 1. buyer says item is not as described because it was supposed to be a large and it is marked "Grande". Granted refund  2. buyer says item is not as described because shirt is described as 100% cotton but the logo is vinyl REFUND GIVEN  and 3. buyer files dispute as item has not been received after 7 days - US to Germany - REFUND GIVEN  Just a couple examples of disputes that defy logic.  Does Paypal truly "review" each dispute? I think not!

Login to Me Too

clayartguru
New Community Member

I have been a member with Ebay and Paypal for 11 years with little or no issues, but then I buy AMERICAN. Anything from China...be real, if it doesn' t kill you it's fake!

Who returns first then opens a dispute...<knock, knock>...anyone home?? There is a correct way to return and if it is not followed...you get what you get.

Login to Me Too

wpd121
Contributor
Contributor

I think Paypal should be charged with violation of the RICO act.  They have profited from criminal activity and have supported it by verifying the company making counterfeit goods.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.