Charging Credit card instead of bank account

bjdowers
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem.  Items paid for thru paypal shows up on my credit card instead of my bank account. I'm glad I'm not the only one. (1) all my payments are supposed to come out of my checking account. (2) the credit card was given as a backup but not to be used---except for intended---if insufficient funds in my account. (3) there has never been insufficient funds in my checking account. (4) I don't use the credit card on a regular basis. I do not get a bill.  I have to check that credit card online for a balance because I don't put anything on there. (5) If I wanted it charged to my credit card, I would tell them.  I have never done that.  So who gives them permission to use my credit card?  I now know where they indicate they are doing this, in small print, with x's  showing the numbers so if you don't look closely, you miss the few little letters that say your bank or your credit card.  I'm not happy.  Only thing I know to do is put a hold on the credit card so it will refuse payment on all paypal charges.  Also, when they charge my credit card, I get dinged for other charges from the credit card for having to pay a foreign source.  Not happy about that either!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.