Canceled subscription that was charged to my bank account????????????

hey__bob
Contributor
Contributor

I canceled a subscription a week before this transaction, paypal tried 3 times to take from my account after I canceled. now they took from my bank card and I have 3 overdrafts for $90 plus the $197 subscription missing from my bank account???????????????

How do I file a complaint?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Draeger_Vinyl
Contributor
Contributor

hey_bob

Call PayPal and ask them why they sent it through so many times.  They may have a policy in place that a refused or failed payment may be sent through a total of 2 to 3 times to see if they can get it to clear.  I too think that they should inform you of this before they charge again, but I am sure they have a reason for it. 

As for the refund of the 197.00 all you can do is contact customer service and talk to them about options,  hopefully they will waive all of the fess for you, but I cannot guarantee it.  The overdrafts are of course your responsibility, and PayPal has nothing to do with that (even though it was their charges that caused it, it is the bank that sent it through three times without sufficient funds). 

A complaint is most easily  filed over the phone with a live person.  Or you can log into PayPal and find the link for file a claim - you would file it against papal and write a detailed email of the situation.  They usually get back to you within a couple days.;  Well this is all the advice I can give you, I hope some of it is of help.  Good Luck and Best Wishes

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.