Buyer Switched Motors

MonkeyFace
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a beautiful table top Working Waterfall decoration that was like new, even in original packing and the motor's cord had never been unwrapped.  The buyer stated that it worked when she received it and that it was as described but when she plugged it in later they smelled smoke and the motor burned out. 

1.  It was as described

2.  It did work

3.  I had stated NO RETURNS

Ebay and Paypal backed her up and I was out money and received item back.  That was in August and September.  In November I decided to try to replace the motor and give it to my aunt.  I unpacked (for the 1st time) the item and motor and looked for identifying numbers to order another.  It was not the one I had sold and sent.  This one had obvious wear on the cord and wear on the suction cup feet.  I had taken pictures of the one I sold when I listed it and it was very apparent of the switch by blueilady0. 

I called Ebay again and again.  My Verizon bill went up another $50 to $100 just because of the overusage.  Half the time on the computer chat it was obvious that the customer service person was working from a script and that English was probably not a first language cause they were not understanding simple statements.  When I was able to reach someone on the phone I was on hold for hours, yes, hours.  Once I was told that I would receive a refund .. but the real problem I was having was my 100% Feedback had now dropped to 75% and then to 66% .. how that worked out is still a mystery to me but I stopped selling on Ebay because of this.  Somehow I didn't realize til now that Paypal was also my problem.

Blueilady0 scammed me with the help of Ebay and Paypal and my good name was hurt in the crossfire.  Until I found this forum I had just given up but I will try this one more time to try to get some resolution.  Anybody got any ideas?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.